The Amerks stop theirÂ losing streak at five with a 3-2 win over the Syracuse Â Crunch tonight.
Stefan Meyer was a site for sore eyes tonight.Â Coming back to Rochester from his first NHL game on Wed night,Â heÂ hadÂ the game winning goal and an assist,Â andÂ was the first star of the game.
Taking a 2-0 lead in the second period with a goal scored while a Crunch player layed on Dennis’ stick, the Crunch looked ready to keep going.Â But, with a five minute penalty kill, the Amerks picked up a shorthanded goal from Dylan Hunter (second star of the game).
Before leaving the game with an injury, Clarke MacArthur scored his forth goal of the season earning the third star of the game.
The Amerks travel East on the thruway tomorrow night and play the Crunch again at the War Memorial at Oncenter at 7:35 pm.
They then come home again on Sunday and play the Binghamton Senators at 6:05 pm.Â All kids 12 and under will receive a ticket to the game for just $6.00 as a part of the Supercuts $6.00 Sunday.
Additional coverage of the game:
- Â Official AHL Stats
- Amerks.com – AMERKS END LOSING STREAK WITH A 3-2 WIN OVER CRUNCH
- D&C – Amerks rally to defeat Syracuse, 3-2
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- Amerks at Home vs Grand Rapids Griffins Tonight - February 18, 2009
- Amerks Split Weekend In Grand Rapids - February 1, 2009
- Cory Murphy Picked Up By Tampa Bay - January 19, 2009
- Sprukts Leads Depleated Amerks Over Monarchs and Bruins - January 18, 2009