When sixteen of the 18 players to dress for the opposing team record at least one point, including the goalie, it’s not going to be an outcome that will want to be remembered.
TheÂ Rochester Americans lost by the final score of 9-2 to the Syracuse Crunch on Saturday night, 4 of those goals coming within the first period.
Stefan Meyer left the game in the third period after scoring his goal due to injuring his ACL, he said he’ll probably be out the next 10 days.
Goalie Adam Dennis was pulled after allowing 4 goals in the first period, he was replaced byÂ David Shantz who didn’t do much better allowing a goal on the first shot he faced and 4 more after that.
On Friday night Syracuse was the team that seemed to have a disaster of a game, but tonight the Amerks just couldn’t put anything together.Â It didn’t help that we lost Drew Larman and Clarke MacArthur to injuries during Fridays game.
This young team that’s already dealing with injuries, call ups, newcomers, and shoddy goaltending was unable to put together 60 minutes of hockey like they did on Friday night.
Let’s hope for a better outcome on Sunday against Binghamton.
The Amerks host the Binghamton Senators at 6:05 PM on Sunday.Â The game is part of Supercuts $6.00 Sundays.Â All children under the age of 12 can get a ticket to the game for $6.00 with the purchase of an adult ticket.
Additional coverage of the game:
- Official AHL Stats
- Amerks.com – Amerks ‘Crunched’ 9-2
- D&C – Syracuse embarrasses Amerks, 9-2
- Syracuse.com – That was a disaster (for Roch)
Latest posts by Keith Wozniak (see all)
- Amerks Fall to Fourth Place - February 21, 2018
- Amerks Focusing on Playing a Team Game - February 21, 2018
- Amerks 2018-2019 Early Bird Season Ticket Pricing - February 21, 2018
- Quick Call Up for Ullmark; Krause Injured; DMB up from Cincy - February 19, 2018