As the Reading Power Play series continues this week, more and more children are learning about the “Read a Hat Trick of Books Reading Program.”Â This is a great reading competition running from December 5th through February 7th at your Monroe County Libraries.
All children have to be in grades K-12 to participate.Â When your child reads three books they receive a free ticket to an Amerks’ game.Â Every time they read three books they also get an entry into the grand prize drawing.Â There will be a separate drawing for the two age groups.Â The groups are grades K-5 and Grades 6-12 with a grand prize for each group.
The Grand Prize winners get suite tickets for up to six people to the Amerks’ game on February 20, 2008; the opportunity to drop the puck at the game; and a catered dinner in the President’s Lounge at the Blue Cross Arena.
- Children must be in grades K-12
- You are entitled to one entry for every three books you read.Â The books must be appropriate for your reading level and the entry must be signed by a parent, teacher, guardian or librarian.
- The winners will be drawn randomly on February 11, 2008, from all entries submitted.
- Grand prize winners must be able to attend the Amerks’ game on February 20, 2008, and confirm their ability to attend by February 15, 2008, or another winner will be drawn.
- Grand Prize winners will be contacted by the Rochester Americans to finalize the details.
Be sure to check out the rest of the chances to see a Rochester American at a Monroe County Library.
NOVEMBER READING APPEARANCE SCHEDULE
Tues., Nov. 27th at 4:30 p.m. at Monroe Branch – Drew Larman
Tues., Nov. 27th at 7:00 p.m. at Mendon Public Library – Mike Weber
Wed., Nov. 28th at 7:00 p.m. at Charlotte Branch – Tanner Glass
Also, tomorrow is the first installment of â€œPlates and Pucks.â€Â One of the Rochester Americans captains, Drew Larman, will be signing autographs at The Original CharBroil House.Â There will be six appearances made there by the Americans this season.Â The next one will be on December 6th.
To cap off the week, the Rochester Americans are having a â€œGo-Kart Challengeâ€ at Inside Track SpeedwayÂ on Saturday.Â Here people can race their favorite players in go-kart races for $6 a race.Â Portions of the proceeds will go to AIDS Rochester.
All of these events are great for the whole family.Â Â Â And there are plenty more planned for the rest of theÂ season.Â
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- Amerks at Home vs Grand Rapids Griffins Tonight - February 18, 2009
- Amerks Split Weekend In Grand Rapids - February 1, 2009
- Cory Murphy Picked Up By Tampa Bay - January 19, 2009
- Sprukts Leads Depleated Amerks Over Monarchs and Bruins - January 18, 2009