Â The Amerks scored a big win at home on Friday by the final score of 4-1 against the Hamilton Bulldogs and then shutout in Cleveland by the Lake Erie Monsters 3-0 on Saturday.
Tonight at Blue Cross Arena the Syracuse Crunch come in to town to end the weekend.Â This season the Amerks are 2-2 against the Crunch, the last two games we saw the Amerks lose 4-0 and 9-2.
The win on Friday night was a big win as it ended a 10 game losing streak which put them in the record books in a tie with the ’81 and ’88 teams.Â A win like that probably shouldn’t be considered a big win, but for this season it was.Â Marek Zagrapan had two goals and an assist, Marco-Andre Gragnani and Pete Aston also scored goals.Â The team played a full 60 minutes of hockey, didn’t allow any short handed goals, killed eight penalties, and had a solid performance in net by Tyler Plante.
On Saturday the Amerks out shot the Lake Erie Monsters 36-26 but they were unable to put any pucks past goaltender Tyler Weiman.Â Here is a great write up of the game on Bleacher Report.
- The Amerks signed Mathieu Beaudoin to a PTO (professional tryout) contract due to recalls of players to the Sabres and Panthers.
- Anthony Stewart returned from Florida and played last night against the Monsters.
- Martin Lojek has also been returned by the Florida Panthers and is expected back tonight against the Crunch.
- Dylan Hunter, Drew Larman, and Mike Card are still all out with injuries, no time frame as to when any of them are expected back.
- Edit:Â Clark MacArthur has been returnedÂ to the Amerks from the Sabres.
Â Clark MacArthur is still in Buffalo.
If the Amerks can give the same performance they gave on Friday night while being short on players they still have a shot at turning this season around.Â See you at the game tonight, Go Amerks!