The Rochester Americans dropped another game in Texas tonight when they lost to the Houston Aeros 3-2 in Overtime.Â It has been made very apparent over this season that when the Amerks score first you shouldn’t get excited…it means nothing.
Peter Aston came back this weekend from a head injury he sustained fighting Danny Bois on February 22nd when the Amerks played the Binghamton Senators.Â He had a good showing all weekend with 4 shots on goal and a goal.
Aston’s third goal of the season came at 14:13 in the first period giving the Amerks the 1-0 lead.
The second period started and ended with Mike Weber in the penalty box.Â He should just bring a sleeping bag with him and start camping out in there.Â Ryan HamiltonÂ took advantage of Weber’s second trip to the box, scoring with only 4 seconds left in the 2nd period.Â Hamilton’s goal tied the game at 1-1.
Only 2:38 into the 3rd period, the Amerks let John ScottÂ get his thrid goal of the season.Â This gave the Aeros the lead 2-1 over the Amerks.
Dylan Hunter tied the game up five minutes later when he netted his 14th goal of the season with assists from Mark Mancari (28) and Mike Weber (13).Â Both teams then battled it out until the close of the third, pushing the game into overtime.
The Amerks almost pushed the game to a shootout but, Benoit Pouliot won the game for the Aeros with only 8 seconds left in overtime.
Goaltender Adam Dennis made 29 saves in the Amerks’ loss.
Official Three Stars Of The Game:
- 27 – Benoit PouliotÂ (Aeros)
- 20 – John Scott (Aeros)
- 19 – Dylan Hunter (Amerks)
Â Lets Go Amerks Three Stars:
- 19 – Dylan Hunter (1 goal, 6 shots)
- 12 – Peter Aston (1 goal, 2 shots)
- 26 – Mark Mancari (1 assist, +1 ranking, 4 shots)
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- Amerks at Home vs Grand Rapids Griffins Tonight - February 18, 2009
- Amerks Split Weekend In Grand Rapids - February 1, 2009
- Cory Murphy Picked Up By Tampa Bay - January 19, 2009
- Sprukts Leads Depleated Amerks Over Monarchs and Bruins - January 18, 2009