The Rochester Americans play the Syracuse Crunch tonight at Blue Cross Arena to begin the final weekend of the season.Â The team is hoping for a better game tonight than last Sundays embarrassing 10-3 loss against the Crunch.
The Amerks have lost 9 out of 11 games against the Crunch this season, and have also been outscored by a margin of 49-21.
If the Amerks win these final three games, and the Norfolk Admirals and Lowell Devils lose their remaining games they can stay out of last place in the league.Â Not likely, but it’s all we have left to play for.
The team travels on Saturday to play the Toronto Marlies at 4pm on Saturday, and returns home on Sunday to end the season against the Lake Erie Monsters at 6:05pm.
Patrick Kaleta will be sitting out the final three games per advice from Sabres doctors to rest a lingering shoulder injury.
“If I had the choice, I’d be there playing,” Kaleta said. “It feels like I’m giving up on the team and I’m not about that.”
The Buffalo Sabres anticipate him making the roster out of training camp next season, it’s understandable they wouldn’t want him to playÂ injured.
Current “leaders” on the team:
- Points: Mark Mancari – 54 (19 G / 35 A)
- Goals: Stefan Meyer – 21
- Assists: Marc-Andre Gragnani – 37
- Penalty Minutes: Mike Weber – 162
We’re heading to Toronto as well tonight after the game and will return on Monday with a weekend report.
Latest posts by Keith Wozniak (see all)
- Amerks are Bringing Back MacWilliam and Atwal - June 14, 2018
- Zach Redmond Signs Two Year AHL Deal with Rochester - June 13, 2018
- Amerks Outlook: Interview on Die By The Blade - May 21, 2018
- Amerks Announce 2018/2019 Opponents - May 11, 2018