The Amerks are back on home ice tonight after a five game road Mid-West road trip where they won three games and lost two. The Rochester Americans play at home tonight, Friday, and Sunday and have a number of different promotions going on. This team is very capable of playing entertaining and exciting hockey, no matter what you may have heard or read from others. If you’re still looking to check out a game but don’t want to pay full price the options are abundant to save some money and watch some hockey.
Wednesday February 18th at Blue Cross Arena vs Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Rochester Americans announced they will be donating all net proceeds from their “Star Toss” promotion toward the recovery of Rochester Police Officer Anthony DiPonzio. The promotion begins Wednesday, February 18th and will include the remaining 13 home games. Stars can be purchased at any Amerks home game for just $1.00 each or in groups of six for $5.00. If you’re not familiar with the story you can catch up here courtesy of 13 WHAM news.
- Before the game, the Rochester Americans Hockey Club will be honoring the group of officers that helped save DiPonzio’s life. The group will be dropping the puck in a ceremonial face off before game.
- The game kicks off the Amerks’ first Winning Wednesdays promotion. If the Amerks WIN, you WIN a FREE ticket voucher to the next Wednesday night Amerks home game (March 18th). If the Amerks win that game, you get another FREE ticket voucher for the following Wednesday (March 25th) night home game as well. This means you have a chance to attend three Amerks games for the price of one!
- It’s the Moose’s Birthday! Come out and celebrate with all his Mascot friends! Perry’s will provide ice cream for the occasion and the first 3,000 fans will receive goalie key chains, courtesy of Time Warner! The game falls on a clevermethod Business Persons’ Special, where fans can turn in their business cards at The Blue Cross Arena Box Office and receive any 100-premium seat for just $10. Offer is valid for all Amerks home games Monday through Thursday.
- It’s also Buy One, Get One Half-off night, where fans can purchase a ticket and get another for half the price in any seating section for any Sunday through Thursday game. Tickets can be purchased online through Ticketmaster.com. Further, it’s a RARES Discount Night. The RARES discount is valid for all RARES members by logging onto www.rares.org to review their discounts.
Thursday February 19th at Blue Cross Arena – Skate with the Players
- If you or your kids enjoy ice skating don’t miss this chance to skate with the players and also skate on the ice at Blue Cross Arena. These are always a fun time.
- The annual Wendy’s Skate with the Players is to be held Thursday, February 19th starting at 10:30 a.m. at The Blue Cross Arena. All skaters must bring their own skates to join the team on their home ice.Admission to the event is free to the public. Those who wish to skate must have a ticket that can be picked up at local Monroe County Wendy’s locations, while supplies last. Members of the Amerks’ Kids Club may also pick tickets up at the kid’s club table at any Amerks home game.
Friday February 20th at Blue Cross Arena vs Hershey Bears
- All Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, along with their families and friends can purchase discounted tickets between $10 and $12, depending on seating arrangements. Please call John Cochol at (585) 454-5335 x.3011 for more information. The matchup also features the next installment of the Amerks’ $7 Fridays, where fans can purchase 200 Upper End and 200 Balcony tickets for just $7. The game also falls on AAA Discount Night. All AAA members can bring their cards to The Blue Cross Arena Box Office to receive 100-End Seating for $12 each (Reg. Price $18.25) or 200-End Seating for $9 each (Reg. Price $14.25). Further, it’s Wendy’s Night. Fans can pick up a Wendy’s Buy One Get One ticket voucher at area participating Wendy’s locations. Redeem your vouchers directly at The Blue Cross Arena Box Office. Lastly, all Rochester Business Alliance members can purchase discounted 100 Level End tickets (regular price $16) for just $10 by calling Adam Winslow at (585)-454-5335 x3019.
Sunday February 22nd at Blue Cross Arena vs Toronto Marlies
- Fans can purchase a ticket and get another for half the price in any seating section for any Sunday through Thursday game. Tickets can be purchased online only, through Ticketmaster.com. It’s also the next Tickets for Troops night. Active military and veterans can present a Military ID, VA Card or an American Legion or VFW membership card and receive premium seating for just $10 or 200 End seats for $5, at least a savings of $12.25 per ticket. All tickets can be purchased directly at the Box Office window at the Blue Cross Arena. Lastly, fans can head down to The Distillery located at 1142 Mt. Hope Ave. for the Amerks’ official postgame party.
Latest posts by Keith Wozniak (see all)
- Interview with Amerks GM Randy Sexton - January 23, 2018
- A Great Weekend in Charlotte for the Amerks - January 22, 2018
- Comets Defeat the Amerks Again - January 18, 2018
- Gameday in Utica; Guhle Day to Day; Two Player Moves - January 17, 2018