The Rochester Americans beat the Hershey Bears on Friday night but they also lost two more players to injury. Jacob Micflikier hurt his ankle in the second period and had to be helped off the ice. He returned to the bench a short time later to play a few more shifts, but did not return in the third period. Rory Fitzpatrick hurt his knee as well during the game and will not be playing in Toronto on Saturday afternoon. Benoit Groulx was unsure if it was the same knee he had surgery on in December.
Here’s the rest of the injured players:
- Drew Larman – rib injury
- Tanner Glass – shoulder
- Kenndal McArdle – shoulder
- Kyle Hagel – shoulder
- Luke Beaverson – concussion
We’ll know more after the weekend about the extent of the injuries to Micflikier and Fitzpatrick. Drew Larman is expecting to be back within the next week. The remaining injured players (Glass, McArdle, Hagel, Beaverson) are out with no timeline that I know of for returning.
Latest posts by Keith Wozniak (see all)
- A Few Bad Bounces and Amerks Lose Third Straight - March 19, 2018
- Another Hat-Trick Against, Another Loss - March 16, 2018
- Amerks Lose after Giving Up a Four Goal Lead - March 16, 2018
- Ullmark Called up; Bailey Suspended; Nylander Stats - March 13, 2018