Amerks fans may finally get some reassurance about the future of the team and the direction that it is headed on Wednesday afternoon. The team has announced a press conference with Amerks Owner Curt Styres and Florida Panthers General Manager Jacques Martin at Blue Cross Arena. It’ll be broadcast live on Amerks.com starting at 12:30.
The announced reason is to discuss ideas and reveal proposed plans for the Rochester Americans’ 2009-10 roster composition and team make-up in general.
At least one player on the current roster will not be returning, forward Karl Stewart has signed a contract with a German team for the 2009-10 season.
Some items, including the first one below, is something I’ve asked about recently and could not get any answers. At least now I know it was because this press conference was being planned.
The Rochester Americans and the Florida Panthers have been meeting throughout the year and have come up with the following plans regarding the proposed make-up of the Amerks’ 2009-10 roster and team make-up in general:
- The need for more veteran experience will be addressed. Rochester will have more influence as to who they will be. They can sign players on their own to address this need.
- We are presently and will continue to actively pursue these top end players.
- This season’s returnees have shown they can play at this level as evidenced by the second-half of this past season.
- Goaltending won’t be an issue.
- Expand training camp so that we can get a better book on potential call-up players.
- Second year for our coaches which shows stability and they know the AHL better and what to expect.
These are all things that have been known by anyone who has watched this team all season. I imagine we’re all going to hear what we want to hear about the Rochester Americans, talk is cheap, the actions of the two teams over the Spring and Summer is what we’ll really be watching.
If you have any questions that you would like asked please use the Contact page and I’ll do my best to try and get answers.