The Hockey News has published it’s preview of the American Hockey League’s 2011/2012 season and the Rochester Americans are ranked 4th in the West and based on those predictions would win the North Division. The rankings were put together by the D&C’s Kevin Oklobzija.
Thanks to Admirals Roundtable for the rankings. Looking back at the 2010/2011 rankings Ryan from Admirals Roundtable wrote this:
– The Calder Cup finalists were ranked 16th and 27th overall.
– The division winners were ranked 19th, 3rd, 14th, and 18th.
– Four of their top 10 didn’t make the playoffs (Chicago, Worcester, San Antonio, Grand Rapids)
It’s that time of year where everyone makes predictions just because it’s the thing to do. Everyone knows (or should know) that a season can change in a matter of weeks due to injuries, call ups, trades and even a group of players not living up to their expectations.
Here’s the rankings:
East (first to last): Hershey Bears, W-B/Scranton Penguins, Portland Pirates, Springfield Falcons, Manchester Monarchs, Syracuse Crunch, Worcester Sharks, Connecticut Whale, Binghamton Senators, Bridgeport Sound Tigers, St John’s Icecaps, Albany Devils, Norfolk Admirals, Providence Bruins, Adirondack Phantoms
West (first to last): Charlotte Checkers, Peoria Rivermen, Chicago Wolves, Rochester Americans, Toronto Marlies, Houston Aeros, Hamilton Bulldogs, Lake Erie Monsters, Texas Stars, San Antonio Rampage, Rockford Icehogs, Grand Rapids Griffins, Abbotsford Heat, Oklahoma City Barons, Milwakee Admirals
There’s a small snippet of information with each prediction but you’ll have to get a copy to read that. I don’t think The Hockey News would want me reprinting the whole article. I see no real reason to disagree with Kevin on any of the predictions, that’s about as much of a prediction I’ll make on the upcoming season.
Latest posts by Keith Wozniak (see all)
- Round 1: Amerks Winning Three Games is the Only Option - April 20, 2018
- Time for Bailey, Baptiste and UIlmark to Lead in the Playoffs - April 19, 2018
- Amerks Regular Season by the Numbers - April 16, 2018
- 2018 First Round Details: Rochester vs Syracuse - April 15, 2018