There’s one good thing going for the Amerks, they’ve been staying healthy and waiting to get guys back from injury instead of continuing to lose guys like the Buffalo Sabres. The only long term injury at this point is Dennis Persson with no timetable set on his return.
It’s possible that Turnbull and Ryan could get clearance to play tonight against Hamilton but it’s doubtful. Parker also sounds doubtful for tonight’s game as well. More info below on everyone…
- Travis Turnbull was hit in the head on November 11 (see it here) and did not return to the game after that. He was expected back on Friday night against the Devils but must not have received clearance from the doctors. The word concussion has never been used but I think it’s a safe assumption that’s what he’s been recovering from.
- Michael Ryan has been skating and practicing with the team wearing a full cage and was expected back this weekend but the doctors have not yet cleared him. At practice he has still been wearing a no contact jersey as well which is a sign he’s not ready. He has been out with an “upper body” injury. It was first related to headaches but a concussion was ruled out. There’s a few assumptions about what the problem was but without 100% certainty I won’t divulge the “rumors.” No matter what, he has been recovering from an injury and whenever he’s back he should be a great addition to the offense.
- Jonathan Parker has been out with a hand injury, no time frame for his return. His absence from the lineup was mysterious at first but it has not been anything performance related, he just hasn’t been able to play. It’s not easy to play hockey when you can’t grip your stick properly.
- Dennis Persson is with an ankle injury and there’s no timetable for his return.
(The below tables may not appear correctly if you’re looking at this as a feed to an RSS reader or message board, click here to view the full article)
[table id=17 /]
[table id=19 /]
You can always bookmark letsgoamerks.com/injuries/ for all of the latest updates.
Latest posts by Keith Wozniak (see all)
- Amerks are Bringing Back MacWilliam and Atwal - June 14, 2018
- Zach Redmond Signs Two Year AHL Deal with Rochester - June 13, 2018
- Amerks Outlook: Interview on Die By The Blade - May 21, 2018
- Amerks Announce 2018/2019 Opponents - May 11, 2018