The Rochester Americans reached the Calder Cup finals against the Springfield Indians in 1990 but lost in six games and the highlights of that game are down below. Looking back it’s hard to imagine at that time there was only 14 teams in the American Hockey League compared to the 30 today.
The Amerks defeated the Utica Devils in the first round of the playoffs and then the Baltimore Skipjacks before reaching the finals of the 1989/1990 season.
Stay tuned, more highlights of the past to come! Thanks to Kevin (disengage) on the forums for recording and sharing these!!!
Other video highlights posted:
- 1983 Calder Cup Highlights
- Amerks Highlights from Game 6 of the 1987 Calder Cup Finals
- The American Dream The Drive for Five 1987 Calder Cup Video
- 1996 Video Highlighting Amerks Calder Cup Win
1990 Calder Cup Finals Game 6 Highlights…
5/18/90 Steve Ludzik scores the opening goal in Game 6 of the 1990 Calder Cup Finals between the Rochester Amerks and the Springfield Indians.
5/18/90 Ray Sheppard puts the Amerks ahead 2-1 in Game 6 of the 1990 Calder Cup Finals.
5/18/90 Bob Corkum scores in Game 6 of the 1990 Calder Cup Finals.
5/18/90 Rob Ray takes some slashes across the leg in Game 6 of the Calder Cup Finals.
5/18/90 Darcy Wakaluk makes a big glove save on Derek Laxdal in Game 6 of the 1990 Calder Cup Finals.
5/18/90 Darcy Wakaluk gets run over leading to a scrum in the corner. Matching roughing penalties to Dale Kushner and Jim Hofford are given.
5/18/90 Wayne McBean ties Game 6 at 3 with just under 4 minutes remaining.
5/18/90 Jeff Rohlicek deflects in Wayne McBeans shot in overtime to win the 1990 Calder Cup.
Latest posts by Keith Wozniak (see all)
- Amerks are Bringing Back MacWilliam and Atwal - June 14, 2018
- Zach Redmond Signs Two Year AHL Deal with Rochester - June 13, 2018
- Amerks Outlook: Interview on Die By The Blade - May 21, 2018
- Amerks Announce 2018/2019 Opponents - May 11, 2018