Today turned out to be a busier day than usual with moves and updates. They can usually be summed up in one or two tweets but today needs some longer explanations.
- Sabres sent Justin Bailey back to the Amerks. He has been up with the Sabres since early October having played seven games for them. He has been on the injured reserve list for the Sabres and missed the last five games with a lower body injury.
- Defensemen Brycen Martin and Devante Stephens were called up to the Amerks from the Cincinnati Cyclones due to Zach Redmond out injured and Andrew MacWilliam suspended for one game.
From The AHL:
- Rochester Americans defenseman Andrew MacWilliam has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Belleville on Nov. 11. MacWilliam was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline). He will miss Rochester’s game Wednesday (Nov. 15) vs. Binghamton.
Can’t disagree with that one, was a clear hit to the head.
- Alexander Nylander returned to skating a full practice with the team for the first time. He’s cleared to play again but it’ll just be a matter of how he’s feeling and getting back into game shape after not playing for almost two months.
- Nathan Paetsch is still a couple of weeks out. He hasn’t returned to skating yet.
- Zach Redmond is currently day to day. No specifics were given about why he left the game early on Friday and didn’t play Saturday. He played a regular shift until the end of the first period and appeared fine so we’ll have to wait and see.
- Evan Rodrigues is still up with the Sabres on the injured reserve list but once he’s healthy he’s expected to be sent down, there’s no time frame on that.
Latest posts by Keith Wozniak (see all)
- Amerks are Bringing Back MacWilliam and Atwal - June 14, 2018
- Zach Redmond Signs Two Year AHL Deal with Rochester - June 13, 2018
- Amerks Outlook: Interview on Die By The Blade - May 21, 2018
- Amerks Announce 2018/2019 Opponents - May 11, 2018