The Rochester Americans have signed defenseman Tobie Paquette-Bisson to a two year AHL contract. TVA Sports first reported the news. He’s a 21 year old 6’3″ defenseman currently playing in the QMJHL with Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, a team currently in the final round for the President’s Cup.
In 59 regular season games this season he had 4 goals and 23 assists and currently in 18 playoff games he has 7 assists. Based on his career stats in the QMJHL he has a lot of playoff experience which will be valuable in the organization.
Another impressive stat is a plus-45 in 59 regular season games and is currently at a plus-18 in 18 playoff games.
He’ll be a depth defenseman and whether he starts in Rochester or Cincinnati remains to be seen.
Current defensemen under contract for the 2018/2019 season and where they’re likely to be:
- In Buffalo or on the bubble: Brendan Guhle, Casey Nelson
- In Rochester: Taylor Fedun, Matt Tennyson, Will Borgen
- Depth in Cincinnati or Rochester: Tobie Paquette-Bisson, Devante Stephens and Brycen Martin
2017/2018 players Zach Redmond, Nathan Paetsch, Andrew MacWilliam and Stuart Percy are currently without contracts.
(Featured photo credit: JOEL LEMAY / QMI AGENCY)
Yesterday the Amerks also signed Pascal Aquin to an AHL contract.
Latest posts by Keith Wozniak (see all)
- Amerks Outlook: Interview on Die By The Blade - May 21, 2018
- Amerks Announce 2018/2019 Opponents - May 11, 2018
- Justin Danforth Signs with Rauman Lukko in Finland - May 8, 2018
- Amerks Sign Defenseman Tobie Paquette-Bisson - May 7, 2018