Sabres: Play Him or Send Him Back Please

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
amerks23

Re: Sabres: Play Him or Send Him Back Please

Post by amerks23 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 pm

oldtimehockey wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:00 pm
insagt1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:53 am
I am real surprised how close they still are...despite playing at .500 or a bit less. It may have more to do with the group of Wash,Pitt, Col, Car knocking each other around, making that 4th place easier to supplant. Buffalo probably won't catch Bos, Mtl, or Tor...but its still possible.

I sure hope Sabres aren't looking to trade CJ. On another topic...I wonder how Bailey will do in Philly. His stock sure has risen since leaving this organization..which apparently he was delighted to do.
And we were delighted to see him go.
Now all they need to do is get ride of Nylander.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

bmb2jn

Post by bmb2jn » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Well we'll see.

I can't verbally defend the Pegulas or Botterill against you guys anymore. They're going to have to build a consistent winner to prove to you guys that they know what they're doing.

If a few years form now the Sabres still can't make the Playoffs and Eichel and Dahlin leave, the same way Karlson left Ottawa then I'll admit that I'm wrong about the Pegulas and join you guys in wanting them gone.

Until then us Sabre Lovers will keep telling ourselves to trust the process.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:00 pm

I don't have a quarrel with Pegula. He is the owner and knows zip about hockey. He leaves that to his GM and coaches. I liked what sounded like the 'process' last year, but this year it has all reverted back to the way it always has been with Buffalo. So far the Amerks are holding their own so it would be hypocritical to sling too much mud..but we are haunted by history. And since 2000, there hasn't been an awful lot to be happy about in Rochester and Buffalo has played a big role in that.

Can we justify the recall of Pilut? Probably, now, since he seems to be playing regularly and he may just be the 2nd or 3rd best d-man on the team. Were we unhappy when they traded Baptiste? No. Did we get a good player for the underachieving Bailey? Yes. So its not all bad. The call-up of Smith, has not set well..let's hope that doesn't signal the beginning of the player movement crap..unless its necessary. If its Housley's desire to play veterans and not play the kids (Smith), then he should be content to leave us alone. (barring injuries)

The reason many of us here are critical and have very short fuses with Buffalo, is because we just don't trust them to do right by us...based on years of neglect. Its not being nit-picky or unreasonable...its just a reality Amerk fans have put up with for far too long. And we don't apologize for it.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:08 am

Hey hey hey Sabres fans .....what do you think of Housley's explanation for sitting CJ Smith after calling him up? Don't you just love this organization!! And their thinking? All part of his 'development'....sitting in the pressbox.

these guys defy reality.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:42 pm

This is why I detest the Buffalo Sabres. It's one thing to call someone up to replace an injured player. But call him up and have him sit in the press box "in case we need him" is ridiculous. It's not like its the first time this has happened either.

They could care less if the Amerks win or lose or if there are 10 people are in the BCA or 10,000.

They don't think that winning at the AHL Level is important in developing pospects for the NHL.

Look at Toronto and Tampa Bay!
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:45 pm

We were told last year it was important. But actions speak louder than their words. They are very annoying. We have to live with it. Amerks still have a decent team....IF they can figure out how to hold leads!