2018/2019 Amerks schedule

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
keithLGA
Site Admin

2018/2019 Amerks schedule

Post by keithLGA » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Here’s the breakdown of home games:

20 Friday night home games.
4 Saturday nights.
10 Wednesday nights.
3 Sunday afternoon games.
The home game in Buffalo will be Wednesday November 7 vs Cleveland.

Other highlights / how the schedule breaks down:

http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2018/07/11/ ... announced/

hockey55

Re: 2018/2019 Amerks schedule

Post by hockey55 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Wow. A July 11th schedule release two years in a row. That sure beats the mid-late August releases the AHL kept saying were necessary.
Maybe next year we can shave off a few more days.

I'm not sure who gets credit for improving the release date, but Thank You.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:23 pm

The schedule is still a joke. Until they fix the uneven number of games that 'some teams' play, its a mockery. What pro league doesn't have teams coast to coast? What kind of travel do those west coast teams use? Yak back? a team of oxen? Horse and buggy? Unicycles? You mean San Diego can't figure out how to add a couple more games in Ontario? Is San Jose that far away? What happens when the Moose has to travel to Texas? Somehow that division seems to be able to deal with a full schedule. AHL caved in to the special interests of the west coast NHL teams for what reason? Legitimately baseless.

They can spin this all they want. Its not right. Anyone with a brain who has followed pro sport understands how stupid it is to create special rules for a handful of teams. While this goes on, none of those teams should be able to compete in post season. they don't deserve to.

Come on Dave Andrews....either fix this or create a schedule where everyone plays fewer games. this just plain stinks. I complain about it every year...because its illogical and unjustifiable. And there are a bunch of weaklings in charge letting it happen. As Donnie would say, man oh man.

Total bullshit.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:48 pm

I'm ok with the difference in games, it doesn't make that much of a difference. What doesn't make sense is that unbalanced divisional games.

Examples...

12 games between Rochester and Syracuse
4 games between Cleveland and Syracuse
8 games between Rochester and Cleveland
8 games between Rochester and Toronto
8 games between Cleveland and Toronto
6 games between Syracuse and Toronto

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Sorry Keith. I'm not OK with it on principle alone. You don't do stuff like that and expect to have credibility. I've written my letter to Andrews. He thinks its great and that nobody minds. Honestly, I don't believe him. And if its true, then nobody gives a damn anymore about the integrity of the league and what it stood for. Money is more important. (than it ever was)
And I'm real tired of hearing, well thats the way it is now. Some things just shouldn't ever change, no matter 'how it is'. You have one league...you have teams in that league...they all play the same number of games. It has always been that way. Is that stupid? No, its reasonable. When you start making special and idiotic rules for a few, whats next?
Put those west coast teams in a separate league. And don't let them participate in our playoffs because they aren't participating on the same level playing field as everyone else.

hockey55

Post by hockey55 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:16 am

I agree with both of you. True competition starts with things being fair and equal. Yes, every team should play the same number of games and they should be balanced. There is no good excuse for playing each team in your division a different number of games.

But this is the league that Dave Andrews has torn down. The focus now is "The Show" rather than true competition. It's all about trying to please every owner and every sponsor. What about hockey fans?

The AHL today:

* Unbalanced schedules
* TV timeouts for games that are not televised
* Loser points that devalue winning. Every game should have the same number of points and the winner should get all of them.

"The Show" might be fun for people that come once or twice a year, but it's true hockey excitement that will bring fans to a Wednesday night game in January. Fix the game and there will be more season ticket holders.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:23 am

hockey55 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:16 am
I agree with both of you. True competition starts with things being fair and equal. Yes, every team should play the same number of games and they should be balanced. There is no good excuse for playing each team in your division a different number of games.

But this is the league that Dave Andrews has torn down. The focus now is "The Show" rather than true competition. It's all about trying to please every owner and every sponsor. What about hockey fans?

The AHL today:

* Unbalanced schedules
* TV timeouts for games that are not televised
* Loser points that devalue winning. Every game should have the same number of points and the winner should get all of them.

"The Show" might be fun for people that come once or twice a year, but it's true hockey excitement that will bring fans to a Wednesday night game in January. Fix the game and there will be more season ticket holders.
Absolutely correct on all points. Great post.
Let the NHL try that crap on its fans. Starting this year, all Pacific Division teams will play a 'special schedule' with 8 fewer games. but they still expect to compete for the Stanley Cup. And now the standings will be determined by 'points percentage' instead of traditional points. See how that flies. the AHL has become a puppet league, with NHL pulling all of Dave Andrews strings.

Let those west coast teams form their own league and see how that goes. See how long the fans will put up with limited to no real relevant competition. I'd give it 2 years max before it collapsed and died. Individual teams don't dictate to the league or established organization what they get to do. but somehow it happened here and nobody stopped it. Money. thats why.

You want to be a NY Yankee....shave the facial hair and wear a conservative haircut. Period. If you don't like, go somewhere else. I believe the Reds have or had a similar protocol. the player doesn't tell the Yankees, this is how I want to look so you WILL make exceptions.

the AHL crapped the bed so badly on this scheduling fiasco. there is no justification for it at all except the Western NHL teams bullying the AHL...and the AHL fearing loss of revenue (not respect or credibility) just bent over and grabbed their ankles. You can't tell me that intrastate travel in California is so draconian and difficult they couldn't figure out how to schedule 8 more games among the 5 teams.

Nonsense. And the unbalanced schedule within a division is also nonsense. But thats how it is. :?

hager

Post by hager » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:16 pm

tv timeouts are everywhere now, europe, juniors, so whatever. unbalanced schedule is ridiculous. i really hate that. i agree if they have it dont let them play in the playoffs. stupid

adsfan

Post by adsfan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:42 pm

keithLGA wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:22 pm
Here’s the breakdown of home games:

20 Friday night home games.
4 Saturday nights.
10 Wednesday nights.
3 Sunday afternoon games.
The home game in Buffalo will be Wednesday November 7 vs Cleveland.

Other highlights / how the schedule breaks down:

http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2018/07/11/ ... announced/
The Admirals home games this season:

11 Friday nights.
11 Saturday nights and 2 afternoons.
7 Tuesday nights.
5 Wednesday nights and 2 mornings.
Zero Sundays. Usually, they play 5 or 6 games after the Packers season is over. I wonder if they are avoiding conflict with the Bucks.