Pegulas to takeover BCA in August

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
keithLGA
Site Admin

Pegulas to takeover BCA in August

Post by keithLGA » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:24 pm

insagt1

Re: Pegulas to takeover BCA in August

Post by insagt1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:11 pm

If this is true...and they are saying its 'interim' for 5 months....there is absolutely no way PSE is getting involved for 5 months just to walk away. I guess they sort of have to word it this way...but if Pegula takes the reins, it will be for longer than 5 months. and it will ultimately benefit the Amerks...has to....if Pegula has skin in the game, seems quite unlikely he would neglect the Amerks and the facility they play in.
If this works out, I may to make a few positive, happy posts about the Sabres!! :lol:

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Short term agreement turns into long term agreement. Eliminates the need to put out RFP's for someone to manage the building. That's why it's going this route. Normally this is the stuff people dislike with government but it's not like anyone is knocking on the door to manage a run down building like this.

Blue n Gold Forever

Post by Blue n Gold Forever » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:42 am

I think this is a great bit of news. I have long held that Pegula would not sink capital into the BCA unless he had a stake in the arena, and now he will. The team has a GM that believes in player development in a winning atmosphere - so that's a great starting point from an on ice perspective. Off ice - as in arena improvements and fan experience - I have no idea what will go on. Hopefully they will live up to my past assertions relative to investing money in the arena once they have skin in the game.

adsfan

Post by adsfan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:57 pm

That sounds good for the BCA and the Amerks!

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:40 pm

Well everyone seems to be very excited about this development. Can't see where any other scenario would help the Amerks more....or get a legitimate building upgrade. While we all wait for that proverbial other shoe to drop....maybe this actually is a big win. Sure would be a change for this city.

hockey13

Post by hockey13 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:37 am

It is to late in the Summer for upgrades to the BCA to take place now before the season starts. They upgrades if any will happen next Summer

adsfan

Post by adsfan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:35 pm

hockey13 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:37 am
It is to late in the Summer for upgrades to the BCA to take place now before the season starts. They upgrades if any will happen next Summer
You have about about 3 months before the season starts. You can't knock out an end wall or jack up the roof 40 feet, but you could put in a new rest room or a new snack stand. Maybe a back door with a deck/patio between the BCA and the river could be built.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:18 am

It's not known yet how much they can do to a government owned building without going through RFP's and approvals. They could liven up the concourses with some bright paint, LED lights and large pictures of players past and present though. Should also be easy to run wires and hang up some TV's throughout as well.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:28 pm

keithLGA wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:18 am
It's not known yet how much they can do to a government owned building without going through RFP's and approvals. They could liven up the concourses with some bright paint, LED lights and large pictures of players past and present though. Should also be easy to run wires and hang up some TV's throughout as well.
I bet they can do plenty if they want/need to. I remember the Sabres locker room thing happening almost immediately, wasn't it their first summer of ownership? As well as some new paint and other small things, FNC is also government owned so I imagine the process would be similar here. Also remember they upgraded the video board here without any apparent RFP process.