Security changes for this season, no smoking allowed at BCA

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
UncleBenny

Security changes for this season, no smoking allowed at BCA

Post by UncleBenny » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 am

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/loc ... 1456975938

As annoying as the lines might end up being, this is honestly long overdue. Security at the BCA was a complete joke for sporting events. It's not like I was every worried that something would happen there, but there was absolutely nothing stopping someone who wanted to commit a crime there either. Of course I wish we didn't need security anywhere, but this is the age we live in and the BCA was way behind the times.

Also the no smoking thing will probably piss a couple people off, but doesn't affect me at all. I'm fine with it being completely smoke-free.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Re: Security changes for this season, no smoking allowed at BCA

Post by keithLGA » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 am

damn. Forgot to post my own link on my own site.

The smoking thing is long overdue.

As for the security aspect, I get it, it's the norm. That security and fear of crimes topic is a whole different discussion.

I'm getting the idea we'll see a lot of rapid changes as PSE takes full control in 2019.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:27 pm

security will always be a pain, but as time goes on, a necessary pain.
As for no smoking on BCA property...I'm all for it.

adsfan

Post by adsfan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:12 pm

The Bradley Center had an outside smoking area for at least 15 years. The NW doors were the one area that I knew about because I came in that side.

The new Firserv Forum, which replaces the Bradley Center as the home of the Bucks, does not allow smoking or vaping.

The UWM Panther Arena, the Admirals home, lets people go out the east side doors to smoke. It is two sets of 6 doors with steps in between. The smokers have to go down to the sidewalk to smoke. There are usually two security people, one at each set of the those doors, to keep any non-ticket holders from trying to sneak into the building.