Checkers at Amerks Oct 5 BCA

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
Dubblenikle

Re: Checkers at Amerks Oct 5 BCA

Post by Dubblenikle » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:43 am

Question is, How may goals does Pu score and if he does, how long will it take sabres fans to scream that trade was a rip off because Skinner is going to Market after this season and will be dealt at the deadline.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:06 am

D&C with another Amerk article this morning (gasp)...however it was all about Nylander...like this kid is Gretzky II. He is all 'growed up' and better and ready to dominate the AHL. Well, we'll see what he looks like tonite. Is he really ready to get dirty...get into the play instead of backing off? Will he use his speed to make things happen? Naturally Amerk fans want him to succeed because Amerk fans want a winner here. Amerk fans are also not ready to annoint this guy as a super-stud until they see what he will bring.
(I dont remember...did Novotny get this much attention??)

Still hoping for a good walk-up tonite to get the crowd to 'respectable'. If they draw 5,000 I'll be satisfied, given how little 'buzz' there has been. But I think its a stretch. Unlike the Red Wings, the product on the ice will determine fan support. If these guys are true contenders (not a team content to lose in OT/SO) by Xmas...the second half attendance will spike. IMO.

Dubblenikle

Post by Dubblenikle » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:39 pm

I'd love for him to dominate the AHL. I will not be holding my breath. He always seem to do ok in pre-season stuff and junior tournaments. Its the full grown men he has trouble with. Maybe that's changed. Guess we'll see.

adsfan

Post by adsfan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:25 pm

I just tuned in on the radio broadcast. Checkers 6-2 halfway through the third. Ouch!

shedthemitts

Post by shedthemitts » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:04 pm

Dismal product on the ice. Willing to give that a few weeks to see how the players evolve together.

Concessions were terrible just about everywhere in the arena. Anyone who was in that building for the first time tonight won't be coming back, which is a shame. Won't get into the specifics as I'm sure we all experienced the same things, but that cannot continue, let alone happen in the first place.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:20 pm

I'm just going to get it out of the way. My gripes:

-Smaller Rohrbachs beers, same price as last year
-No garbage plates
-No wraps
-Chefs Table was non existent pre game when I walked by
-Overall, food is worse quality for the same or more money
-No PP clock on the Broad St end scoreboard
-No out of town scores
-Music/announcer volume was all over the place
Wedgewood

Positives:

-The scoreboard looks less "off center" now that it sits higher
-The new ESPN post-game guy is MILES ahead of the old guy

moeron15

Post by moeron15 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Saw a few photos on the D&C site. Captions had the score and attendance. No article or summary. How was the game aside from the score?

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:14 am

moeron15 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 pm
Saw a few photos on the D&C site. Captions had the score and attendance. No article or summary. How was the game aside from the score?
It was a mess. The scoreboard looked great. The score stunk. The concessions were a disaster.

Looked like a bunch of guys wanting to be the hero, not a team. Start of the third down 3-2 there was some sense of hope but that faded fast. Concessions are better at a high school football game, Delaware North dropped the ball big time. If the team would have won 6-2 it'd be looked over but it was the other way around. People showed up wanting to spend money but there was nothing to spend money on.

I'm failing as a writer putting together an article but feel as though it's pointless, not much can be said so I'm going to bed.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:43 am

Was interesting to hear from the one concession worker I know who still works there that she wasn't even planning on coming back until they called her Thursday night looking for help. Hard to beleive a company like Delaware North runs so many arenas/events with how terrible they are apparently managed.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:26 am

I've learned it was a $hi* show (stating the obvious) but will get better. Stay tuned, more to come as I gather more facts. Still unacceptable for billion dollar companies.