Game 2: Checkers at Amerks Oct 6 BCA

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
keithLGA
Site Admin

Game 2: Checkers at Amerks Oct 6 BCA

Post by keithLGA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Former Amerk Mike Duco will be one of two refs

In: Dougherty, Veilleux, Powell
Out: Fedun, Bailey, Randell

Eat before you go!

insagt1

Re: Game 2: Checkers at Amerks Oct 6 BCA

Post by insagt1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Is Tails sending Bailey a message? He was not effective at all last night. Much is expected of him.
Or maybe he's letting the team know that just because you have played here before, you're not getting special treatment.

Or maybe of course, he's hurt.

adsfan

Post by adsfan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:21 pm

Let us know how the concessions were. I would not expect much improvement in one day. Maybe in 2 weeks, they can get that together.

The Bradley Center had some volunteer groups work some stands. Not the pizza or the grill stands at the north and south ends respectively or the souvenir shops, nuts or ice cream stands. I assume that the cashiers were employed by the catering company. You had to have at least 20 people in your group. You had to work a minimum number of games over 2 or 3 years to be accepted. I think it was 24. They wanted you there often enough to do a good job. A typical stand was manned by about 8 to 10 people. There could be up to 4 stands open downstairs. For big crowds, they would open some of the upstairs stands, usually two, one on each side (east and west). I don't know who manned those, probably the caterer.

I used to stop at stands worked by a Catholic church that was near my old job or a Lutheran church (a sign showed who the group was) when I could. They had the best service. You could run out during a TV timeout and be back to your seat before the puck drop if you just got a soda or a popcorn.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:54 pm

'2nd verse, same as the 1st'

Another horrible game. Guess the guys didn't learn all that much. Save a little pressure in the final 3 minutes, last season's big problem resurfaced...a dismal 2nd period. Special teams were crap tonite. the game was BORING. And in the 2nd period, nobody looked like they wanted to play. It moved like a glacier. That shorthanded breakaway goal was special wasn't it.....geez, we looked awful. Again.
Predictable tiny crowd. Next home game might be even smaller. What is there to draw the fans out, with play like this?

so disappointed. Its only two games. But it is also two very lousy games, with minimal effort for the most part. Last year's team couldn't win at home. Please don't let this be a repeat. We played like the visitors both nights.
posting.php?mode=edit&f=6&p=41572
Grade tonite: D-. They were a notch better than Friday, but not by much.
(Nylander got a couple of helpers tonite and predictably the boys in Buffalo are saying what a great start he is off to. NO Amerk is off to a great start, with 6-2 and 4-2 losses; terrible special teams, and low low intensity) But, oh well, they love their #92.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:51 am

Nylanders first assist was a donation. He fumbled the puck. Barely got it in the zone but it bounced off a Checkers player and then Cornel took off with it. But whatever, ignore the details when the numbers look better.

A snoozer crowd of 3k on a Saturday night. What little buzz there was has faded from the moment doors opened on Friday from the building mess. Poor play on the ice. Wednesday is going to be quiet, these guys will be happy to go on the road.

Bluey

Post by Bluey » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:52 am

Again we got schooled by a better team.

What is Buffalo's obsession with small players? Skilled players are what does it in today's Ice Capades, but the Checker players had SIZE, skill AND speed. We couldn't move them, get around them or get by them.

Signing two tough players in the off season will not cure the problem. As long as Buffalo keeps signing these small, non physical players, they're going nowhere.

And the #92 love fest is in full swing. Second star? What a total joke.
Knowledge is good- Emil Faber

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 am

The thing is...how different winners and losers talk. Amerks talk 'process' and 'learning' (losers). But someone wins these games. What is their process? (winners). They go out and actually 'do' everything that was needed to win a game. Amerks (losers) talk about everything they still need to do...and its only 2 games. And while that may be true,and there really are 74 games left, you can't con fans, who have watched nearly 2 decades of awful hockey into believing there was anything good about these first two games.

The other guys won them...easily. Our guys didn't show up. And they were home games. We were slower, less invested, disorganized, and unprepared to play a talented team. I feel sort of bad for Wedgewood...10 goals allowed.doesn;t look good on the resume..but many were not his fault. Is it already time to say a goalie has to steal some wins for his team? As for #92...no one in Rochester is fooled by his game. The boys in Buffalo can criticize us all they want. They are trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Young Alex still has a ways to go.

A very sad start to a season brimming with hope. The learning and process was supposed to take place in training camp. This team looked like dead men walking this weekend.

That has to change, or the BCA will be completely empty.

oldtimehockey

Post by oldtimehockey » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:02 am

That team looks so disorganized and pitiful. I can't blame Wedgewood, left out to dry by what was supposed to be a stellar D. Anything but. Time to get MacWilliam and Paetsch in there. Sit Fedun forever if you want. What the hell is wrong with Redmond? Best player last year and looks lost. I don't get it. Is it the system? Seems Buffalo and Rochester play the same system. I'll tell you what...it stinks. Boring, disorganized and no excitement.
So they bring in 2 supposed tough guys. Non-existent. Last night maybe you drop the gloves and start something just to get them going. Right. Nothing close to it. They absolutely CANNOT keep the puck in the O zone. It goes in, right back out. I'm not sure what the answer is, but they better figure it out quick. We cannot get behind in the standings this early. Laval, Belleville, Cleveland, Bingo and Utica are going to be better this year. That doesn't even count Syracuse and Toronto.

Get your head out of your asses. That goes for Taylor as well.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:09 am

I know that what the coach says publicly is not what he says behind closed doors, but so far I do like his public 'tone'. And his body language speaks loudly that he isn't at all happy. He isn't really covering for the guys and clearly by benching Bailey, he is sending a message. He didn't mention him by name but he said he didn't like what he saw Friday and had to made changes. Bailey is one of the guys we are counting on and he didn't show up.

I know too that this probably doesn't happen anymore, but in my dreams I wish one of our guys being interviewed would just plain get angry,with some fire...instead of head down, measured words. They all know how badly they played. And this is definitely going to be transferred to lousy crowds. You just can't continue to play very poor hockey at home and expect people to show up. Times a wastin'

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:04 am

Meanwhile over in Milwaukee Blackwell and Baptiste are playing on a line and both scored goals.

http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2018/10/06/ ... cond-loss/