Amerks at Springfield 11/16

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
amerks23

Re: Amerks at Springfield 11/16

Post by amerks23 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:12 am

oldtimehockey wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:20 am
What an embarrassment. Bailey was a -4. Guhle was a -3. Terrible. And what was Buffalo thinking when they just had to have Wedgewood? Had to jump in front of another team to get him and pay him $400K a year for a 3.33 GAA and sub .900 save%. Just amazing. He's terrible. You won't convince me otherwise. Wilcox wasn't much better last night either, but he wasn't expected to be the #1. He actually has looked better than Wedgewood this year. Goaltending has been a concern from the start and last night just brought it to the forefront.

They also have no depth at fwd. to sit the likes of a Bailey or anyone for that matter . If Olofsson and Criscuolo are on the shelf much longer, they need to look at Shane Prince coming back from europe.
I won't be happy until both Bailey and Nylander are "Ran out of Dodge" (Rochester).
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

insagt1

Re: Amerks at Springfield 11/16

Post by insagt1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:30 pm

I don't think the goalies should get a pass anymore than anyone else. They weren't sharp at all. And they also had no help. When a team takes a period off against a good hockey club, anxious to stop a 4 game losing streak...this is what you often get. Good goalies do actually stop more breakaways than allow goals....just look at the shootout stats.
If we can get back on track quickly tonite, we can chalk up last night to....just forgettable. However if there is a carryover and another less than stellar effort against a team that routinely beats us tonite....then this could be a disastrous weekend.

I haven't bothered to check the record book or my memory back..but for sure 7 goals against in one period has to either be a record or near one. Harkens back to that 14-6 thanksgiving weekend game against Cleveland back in the 60's. Again, I think Springfield held back in the 3rd period....they should have scored at least a couple more with those PP advantages they had, but it looked like they were content to cycle the puck and take time off the clock.