Amerks at Providence 11/17

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Amerks at Providence 11/17

Post by insagt1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Leg 2 of what now becomes a very important game for this weekend. After last nights carnage, Amerks need a REAL good pushback against a team they haven't beaten since the beginning of 2009. That really has to stop tonite.

Goaltending has to be a lot better. And overall, everyone needs to step up a lot. If these guys are as good as we hope they are, last nights game will just be one of those forgettable contests, and everyone moves on. Even though players change from year to year, just strange that for some reason some teams just can't beat other teams. Springfield and Providence are two such opponents for Rochester.

Need a win.

insagt1

Re: Amerks at Providence 11/17

Post by insagt1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:42 pm

Losing streak continues against Providence. My view? A terrible game after an unacceptable game last night. They didn't play well enough to win and the OT loss was totally expected. Didn't think Wedgewood was strong..but the offense was non existent tonite. They didn't have any spark...letting a two goal lead disappear and then a zero overtime effort.

These last two games remind me so much of last year when you just didn't expect to win, but you hoped maybe you would. The 10-3-1 Amerks have disappeared, at least for now. I am not a fan of being off for a whole week...and the week off did nothing good for the team that I could see from two very lousy performances so far. After they got the two goal lead, they went to sleep and let Providence carry the play. And the power play was pathetic again...disorganized and just chasing the puck around. I don't think they got one real scoring chance on any of them.

Tonites loss was just plain aggravating. WE have now lost 11 of the last 12 against Providence. Amerks played a very weak 3rd period and a predictable OT loss.

oldtimehockey

Post by oldtimehockey » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:14 am

This team misses Criscuolo and Olofsson. They need a #1 center and don't have one. Porter isn't a #1 and certainly not Malone or Asplund. The Asplund of 1 pt. also. Sexton needs to find us a true #1 center.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:18 am

No surprise that Tennyson was part of the two regulation goals against. Left the back side wide open on the first goal against and a bad turnover on the second gave the Bruins a 3 on 1 rush.

The weekend is a failure even with a regulation win today.

oldtimehockey

Post by oldtimehockey » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:25 am

keithLGA wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:18 am
No surprise that Tennyson was part of the two regulation goals against. Left the back side wide open on the first goal against and a bad turnover on the second gave the Bruins a 3 on 1 rush.

The weekend is a failure even with a regulation win today.
Should have moved Tennyson instead of Fedun. I have no idea what the interest is in him.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:10 pm

And why in the world won't they give Paetsch a game....Tennyson is a waste. guess we here are the only ones who see it that way.

What has happened to the power play? Yes they miss Olofsson, but there are still enough guns to make it work and it has simply stopped working completely. They look like they have no idea what to do with man advantage. Only have PP's in one of last 7 and the 'one' came after falling behnind 8-1 and the other team was in cruise control.

Wedgewood? The coach will stand by him until they bring up the Titanic from the depths. As Steve said, the goalie has to steal one once in awhile and Wedgewood did not do that last night. Should he have stopped the OT goal? Dunno. He wasn't screened. It was a hard shot. He didn't steal one for us.

Offensively, we stunk for 60 minutes. They had perhaps 3 or 4 scoring chances. The rest of the shots were not dangerous. Losing last night hurt more than Friday IMO. A win should have happened and it didn't. The loser point to me is meaningless. If they come home winless on the weekend...one has to perhaps re-evaluate just how good this team is.

finally...I hope we don't have anymore full weeks off. They never help. Clearly it did the Amerks zero good. When you are on a roll, the LAST thing you need is a lot of time off. Coaches will spin this one to suit their pleasure...but time and time again, too much rest is detrimental to a team that is winning.