Amerks vs Comets 11/23/18

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
Gluey

Amerks vs Comets 11/23/18

Post by Gluey » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:31 pm

A loss on home ice. Loosey goosey D & Goaltending. We did a great job making the Comets look better than us. We needed Veilleaux, not Dalton Smith in the lineup. I asked them to do something about the constant loud music, so they made it even louder. The compete level was bad regardless of the 43 shots we took.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Re: Amerks vs Comets 11/23/18

Post by keithLGA » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:01 am

Another concerning loss. I'm probably being too kind. Guhle had the chance to step in and fill in for Pilut but he decided to cost them the game instead.

http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2018/11/24/ ... he-amerks/

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:15 am

Wilcox was very shaky. I would have pulled him after the 3rd. goal or even at the end of the 2nd. period.

Nylander and Bailey invisible as usual. How much longer to Amerk fans have to watch these 2 guys? What a complete waste of 2 roster spots.

I was a nice crowd. It's disappointing that the Amerks didn't show up to play.
Last edited by amerks23 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

oldtimehockey

Post by oldtimehockey » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:16 am

Horrible game start to finish. We now have 2 goalies with over 3.00 GAA and sub .900 save %. The goaltending is a MAJOR concern. Just when I thought Wilcox was showing some decent games he stinks up the joint. He's not a starter. He is pretty good coming in in relief. That's it. If you're going to pay Wedgewood $400K, play the guy. Play him until he drops. If he still stinks then trade him. The Sabres just had to have him even to the point of jumping ahead of someone else who was interested. They could have had so much better in free agency and grabbed this gem. You can't win tight playoff games with goaltending like this.
Guhle....what can I say. He has been terrible this year. Regressed badly. I'd have him watch from the stands for a few games. And Bailey? There's not much to say other than he'll never be a NHL player. That offside in the 3rd period last night was stuff little mite players do. I'd trade him in a heartbeat for a Center we need badly.
Lose tonight to Bingo and we're in deep trouble the way the Crunch are playing. Cory Conacher now leads the AHL in scoring with 23 points in only 12 games. It won't be long before we are below them in the standings.

Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:29 pm

keithLGA wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:01 am
Another concerning loss. I'm probably being too kind. Guhle had the chance to step in and fill in for Pilut but he decided to cost them the game instead.

http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2018/11/24/ ... he-amerks/
Yea but all the buffalo faithful want him up there and believe he got the raw end of the deal by being sent down....

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Agree the goaltending is weak...overall. Every now and then they will pull a rabbit out of a hat...but nearing December and the GAA's are at or over 3.00 and save %'s under .900? Can't go on like this. Neither goalie has stepped up although Taylor seems to think Wedgewood is Martin Brodeur.

However....I believe a few other problems are just as serious. We play terribly at home...and this has become a trend.
We take WAY too many stupid penalties...the too many men, delay of game, slashing....these are simply unacceptable at the rate they are showing up each game.
The power play has completely gotten lost. We will win or lose games on special teams. Our special teams are not good. The PK is all right statistically perhaps because they are out there so much...but the PP is just terrible and has been that way for about the entire month.

We struggle to hold leads, especially at home. We have too many talented players making too many dumb mistakes. We were one tick of the clock away from beating the Crunch in regulation awhile ago. We had to settle for an OT win and that game is the only blemish on the Crunch's record in the past 10 games. they are flat out good...and probably will overtake us soon unless we clean up our act.
We are constantly on Nylander, and probably Bailey...but theres another who is probably worse than those two so far...Guhle. What has happened to his game?

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:38 pm

Those giveaways by Guhle on Friday night shifted the conversation towards him. If there's a big/bad goal scored against lately it's with Guhle or Tennyson on the ice.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Yes, seems like the Nylander chatter has calmed a bit....thanks to those two guys...who both are not earning their paycheck...especially Tennyson. One has to wonder if Guhle is turning into a bust? He seems like a liability on the ice every game these days.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:05 pm

I feel like common opinion is D men take longer to develop, maybe we just got lucky and he over performed last year but he has certainly fallen back to earth. Way too early to label him a bust, he's just not playing very well right now.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:07 pm

He has played poorly now for nearly a year. Second half of last year and all of this.