15 year agreement for BCA management

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Re: 15 year agreement for BCA management

Post by insagt1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:23 pm

The media, collectively wants to do the thinking for the fans. And thus they ignore the local pro teams. The D&C unashamedly tells us they have no use for the Wings or Amerks. They seem to think that only high school and college sports are of any interest to their base, both print and electronic. And of course the Bills and the Orange. So since they don't cultivate any interest in our local teams, pretty soon, nobody knows or cares about us.
You look at what took place in Hershey this weekend. (the Teddy Bears) That sort of thing will NEVER happen here.

Amerks have a non-existant marketing program. Red Wings use food and promos to get out the crowds...plus totally affordable ticket prices.

do we really need 'rowdier'? No. Its already unbearable to listen to over-loud, never ending music. And people's behavior at sports events is already questionable. Its true..hockey fans love fighting. That alone won't permanently bring back the fans. (remember, the Chiefs did end up being winners!)

Having said that, I must say, the games are boring now. Was the 1-0 Amerk win Friday exciting? No. It was boring. Only the fact it was a 1 goal game down the stretch raise the pulse slightly.

Minor league sports aren't dying on their own. The media is the biggest culprit in their decline. Many cities still have pride in their minor league teams. And you can bet that in concert with this is local media propping them up. That no longer exists here.

moeron15

Post by moeron15 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:38 pm

I guess by rowdier I don't mean more noise being pumped in but rather a change in marketing away from being family/kid focused. I absolutely hate the noise being blasted into arenas and stadiums. It has gone way too far IMO and keeps me from going to more games. It's deafening, chaotic, and doesn't seem to do anything but drown out the crowds themselves and make conversation impossible. This was a real issue at the game in Des Moines I went to a few weeks back. The Cedar Rapids Kernels and Cedar Rapids Roughriders do this a ton too. SO loud. It makes me drive further away to watch ballgames in Clinton since they have an old stadium with no video board and just a basic PA system. Breath of fresh air if you ask me. Much more relaxing atmosphere to watch baseball. It seems like most places use the same stuff too. It makes arenas/stadiums so generic. It's like strip malls that have the same stores all over the country. You could be anywhere and it's just the same. Des Moines was blasting the same song after a goal that the Amerks do. The horn and crowd cheering is plenty.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:41 pm

agree completely with the above post. This fascination for loud music is in every arena now. Not sure exactly when it really took off, but I truly wish it would go away...or at least tone down. Once the players are done with their warmups...do they really need to keep blasting loud music? Does there have to be music between EVERY faceoff? Marketing the 'game' is a lost art...at least it is in Rochester. I get the need to get the kids invested in the game...but heck weren't kids going to the games 40 years ago too?

Any wonder the Amerks play so poorly at home? The game doesn't matter as much as it used to. Being master of your house isn't important. Often the Amerks don't even engage until the 2nd period anyway. By then, its all loud music and video stuff that keeps the fans interested. Home ice advantage? Not in recent years so much.

AS it is the sound system in the BCA is terrible. So is the seating bowl. So, naturally when they talk about improvements, neither of those issues are brought up. More luxury suites; better locker rooms; maybe some more TV's in the lobby (to get away from the loud music).

Sigh....this is all old stuff.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:37 am

First of all that CRAP they call music that they play at the Amerks games isn't music. LOUD is an understatement. It's deafening when you can't talk to the person sitting in the seat next to you.

Marketing? What a joke. The Sabres/Amerks have no clue how to market this team. I know it's a completely different situation but take a lesson from Dan Mason and the Red Wings. They know how to market a team.

The Amerks idea of marketing a team is cheap $2 lousy Genesee Beer, the Moose throwing T-shirts into the crowd and having a pretty blonde going through the crowd during TV time outs making announcements.

When will the Sabres/Amerks realize that good, exiting, winning hockey will put asses in the seats. NOT LOUD music, lousy cheap beer and gimmicks. :(
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

adsfan

Post by adsfan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:19 pm

amerks23 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:37 am
First of all that CRAP they call music that they play at the Amerks games isn't music. LOUD is an understatement. It's deafening when you can't talk to the person sitting in the seat next to you.

Marketing? What a joke. The Sabres/Amerks have no clue how to market this team. I know it's a completely different situation but take a lesson from Dan Mason and the Red Wings. They know how to market a team.

The Amerks idea of marketing a team is cheap $2 lousy Genesee Beer, the Moose throwing T-shirts into the crowd and having a pretty blonde going through the crowd during TV time outs making announcements.

When will the Sabres/Amerks realize that good, exiting, winning hockey will put asses in the seats. NOT LOUD music, lousy cheap beer and gimmicks. :(
Maybe this is the trend across the AHL. This sounds like Milwaukee.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Its a trend all across the board. Its everywhere now and it can't be stopped. For some reason the brains of Americans have been altered to the point where they can't think anymore. Its bad enough that everyone's nose is buried in a cellphone 24/7, but now its gotten to the point where its impossible to even have a chat with a friend without having to scream over loud, obnoxious music. Heck we even experienced this in a restaurant at DisneyWorld...it was so incredibly loud we couldn't even talk to the waiter.

I guess everyone loves this. Heaven help us all.