Isles Rise; Caps Plummet

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Isles Rise; Caps Plummet

Post by insagt1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:29 pm

I'm not a fan of the 'bye week' instituted last year. And I also wish they would eliminate the All Star Game.....except that it has become 'an event' that appears to be a fan favorite for the host city. But do the teams really need a whole week off in mid-season?

In any event, some teams may welcome the break,while others would rather play on. It has been a long time since the Isles have led their division this late. And wow have the Caps fallen on hard times. Pretty soon they will be looking at the coach. And Ovi isn't scoring. Caps are giving up goals by the boatload and the whole team is out of synch. Guess it happens to the best of teams. I wonder if the Lightning will go thru a letdown at some point?

Meanwhile Tor, Bost, Mont, and Buff will compete for the 2nd thru 5th spots. Buffalo seems to be the weak sister at the moment, but none of the others has really taken charge either, keeping things close. Winnipeg and Nashville have a nice little race going. Calgary, IMO, the surprise team of the West. SJ and Vegas will challenge but so far the Flames have been solid.