Two Big Ones Coming Up!!

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Re: Two Big Ones Coming Up!!

Post by insagt1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:04 am

Any player updates for tonite? Anyone check the ticket situation....what might the crowd look like? I wonder if there will be a decent walk-up?

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:49 am

insagt1 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:04 am
Any player updates for tonite? Anyone check the ticket situation....what might the crowd look like? I wonder if there will be a decent walk-up?
To me it looks pretty small so far for a Friday. Might have an OK walkup but it will be a "normal sized" crowd at best I think, 5,000-5,500 tops.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:12 am

keithLGA wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:21 am
insagt1 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:16 am
I know the Crunch will be ticked royally....two straight shutout losses. I'm not sure Taylor sees our two losses the same...so I hope they are prepared for a very angry team.
Yea, Taylor is perfectly fine with losses. You know how ridiculous that sounds?

I'm not making excuses for anything and it's not acceptable to lose like they have. Inaccurate statements are the only thing I've corrected.
He has been drinking the Sabres Kool Aid. They also except losing and are happy with mediocrity. It's disgusting.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:49 pm

I will say this much...I don't think Jack Eichel takes to losing very much. He looks angry a lot of the time. Actually I like that passion. someone who comes to play and win. He doesn't always succeed, but if everyone on that team felt as he did, the 'culture' in Buffalo would change.
THAT is kind of what I want out of Taylor. Or at least a couple of his players. I'm bettIng it would come out of Paetsch....EXCEPT HE'S NOT PLAYING!
:cry:
Ullmark didn't like losing either..but he had to be more measured with his words, as a goalie. I want to see a few sticks smashed against the goal if a player screws up. (not the goalie) there are 2 months left. Its time to show us that they want to win...not just hope not to lose

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Great game again with the Crunch. Playoff astomphere with lots of hitting like the last time they were in here. The Amerks couldn’t score on the PP on several chances. Their goaltender was better than ours and was 1 st. Star.

I have a big problem with Wedgewood getting a stick in the mask and Guhle going over and giving him a big kiss instead of flatting him. If you don’t protect your goaltender they will do that all night long. Completely unacceptable!

This team is not a first place team even though they are in the standings. They are falling fast. I don’t expect any help from the Sabres either. It looked like McWillaim was injured falling after losing his edge into the boards. Our most physical D man might be hurt.

We’re are looking at third place right now.

Nylander would have got killed in a game like this by the way also.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:05 am

amerks23 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:26 pm
I have a big problem with Wedgewood getting a stick in the mask and Guhle going over and giving him a big kiss instead of flatting him. If you don’t protect your goaltender they will do that all night long. Completely unacceptable!

Nylander would have got killed in a game like this by the way also.
Guhle needed to drive that guy right into the boards. No need to drop the gloves. No need to throw a punch. Finish him off on the wall nice and hard. He didn't. Leier on the other hand was having none of those shenanigans!

As for Nylander, he would've been as invisible as he was in the playoffs last spring.