Big Crowd, Lousy Game, Happens a Lot

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Big Crowd, Lousy Game, Happens a Lot

Post by insagt1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:05 pm

OK, I'm in no mood to hand out bouquets after this one. It was a lousy game. Once again, after grabbing early leads, they dropped back and let the Sens completely take over. The killer for me was the softie Wilcox gave up right after we grabbed the lead back 2-1.

After that goal, it was all Belleville, as Amerks were disorganized, their passing was terrible, they had little o-zone pressure as the dump and chase rarely worked. In short, they were outplayed by a red hot team, that remained red hot and punked us in our own building.....again. Their goalie was lot better than ours. They kept us away from the net most the night. The few real chances we had were stopped cold.

Really missed Elie and his line tonite. (what is wrong with him?). Nylander made one nice pass but he also pretty much gave the Sens their first goal. You can't make a career out of one good pass every once in awhile. His presence in the lineup, and Malone's has not made us better.

Tor and Syr played back to back 3 point games this weekend...each earning 3 points. Just what we didn't want. Utica did lose, but tonites loss, in front of nearly 7,100 disappointed fans sure didn't help. Its not so much that we lost, its HOW we lost. How our opponent totally outplayed us in our barn. How they came out with the jump in the 3rd period and we sure didn't.

It just wasn't a fun night at the BCA at all. It was a game we deserved to lose, and we did. No surprise there.
My bet is Taylor says we played well.

Gluey

Re: Big Crowd, Lousy Game, Happens a Lot

Post by Gluey » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:15 pm

He (Wilcox) should have been pulled? I was impressed with how well Belleville cleared their zone in the 3rd. Did you notice how 92 avoided all contact?

What was Cornel doing on the PP?

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:28 pm

92 needs to go away. I don't think he is much of a fan favorite....on this board, nobody likes his play. Our radio host loves him. I'm not sure the Sabres even like him that much anymore. But I doubt they move him at the deadline.
on a personal note...it was a hockey crapfecta for me today...Caps lose to Sabres; Bruins lose to Blues; Amerks lose to Sens. Ta-da!!! :evil:

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:47 pm

WOW!! I tip my cap to coach Taylor tonite. That was probably the harshest I have heard him talk about his team all season. Started right out by saying' we had nothing tonite. Said it was a total team loss. Said we'll be out of there (in the playoffs) if we keep playing like this. He clearly was NOT happy with tonites game. Clap clap clap....he was right on. It was a terrible game.

what else was terrible? the post game questions to the players. Just lost an ugly game in front of a big crowd; two players just sent down from Buffalo...and you ask them, how does it feel to be back here? Were you surprised? Man, how to put them on the spot in an unnecessary way. CJSmith looked completely uncomfortable in his post game interview. When asked if he was surprised to be back...it was a terse, 'yes' and then I don't want to answer any questions about that. He is not a happy camper. And not surprisingly, he didn't play well at all.

It was a nasty game and I'm very glad the coach saw it that way. Because we saw it that way. And it was a tough 2 points to give away.
Coach said they probably won't like Monday's practice! The best part of tonites game was Taylors post game interview!

bmb2jn

Post by bmb2jn » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:15 pm

This is a weird organization.

Sabres lose 3 in a row to bad teams like the Devild, Panthers and Rangers but get 3 points against 2 of the best teams in the league in Tampa Bay and Washington.

Amerks have a good record against good teams but cant beat bad teams like Bellvelle

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:38 pm

bmb2jn wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:15 pm
Amerks have a good record against good teams but cant beat bad teams like Bellvelle
Belleville is on a 14 game point streak with 11 wins now. I really wouldn't consider them a bad team at this point of the season.

Doesn't make up for the Amerks shitty play but it's not like they lost to a last place team like earlier in the season.

Gluey

Post by Gluey » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:01 am

insagt1 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:28 pm
92 needs to go away. I don't think he is much of a fan favorite....on this board, nobody likes his play. Our radio host loves him. I'm not sure the Sabres even like him that much anymore. But I doubt they move him at the deadline.
on a personal note...it was a hockey crapfecta for me today...Caps lose to Sabres; Bruins lose to Blues; Amerks lose to Sens. Ta-da!!! :evil:
I watched the Sabre game and was impressed with their speed. I don't think the Caps are going to win the SC again this season?

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:16 am

This is the first Amerks home game that I have missed this season. Sounds like it was a stinker. Sounds like Nylander was invisible as usual. Why is anyone surprised by that? He's been floating the 3 years that he has been here. I found out last week that he signed a 5 year contract when he was signed to his first contact.Who gives anyone a 5 year entry level contact? Only the Sabres! McDavid and Matthews very 1st overall picks and they both got only 3 year contracts. Does that mean we are stuck with him for 2 more years (like we were with Bailey)? I hope not. I hope he gets traded far far away by Monday.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:18 am

keithLGA wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:38 pm
bmb2jn wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:15 pm
Belleville is on a 14 game point streak with 11 wins now. I really wouldn't consider them a bad team at this point of the season.

Doesn't make up for the Amerks shitty play but it's not like they lost to a last place team like earlier in the season.
Yes indeed. Perhaps folks haven't been paying attention to Belleville. Right now, along with Hershey, the hottest item in the league and last night they played like it. Clearly the better team and apparently Taylor wonders why all our skill players failed to show? As I said, I haven't seen or heard him that angry after a loss all season. Maybe its sinking in that you can't go like that and win in the playoffs. He also seems to be catching on to the trend of giving up goals in bunches. Needs to be fixed ASAP.
A LOT to not like about last night. And nothing at all to like. It was a poor show. I'm a little concerned about CJ...sounds like he isn't very happy with the organization right now.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:48 am

Where is this negative CJ talk coming from? Was there an interview the team pulled from YouTube? I watched the game but wasn't there.