Big Crowd, Lousy Game, Happens a Lot

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
RWB

Re: Big Crowd, Lousy Game, Happens a Lot

Post by RWB » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Smith said he wouldn’t answer any questions related to his demotion.

Get a grip. You didn’t permanently earn a job in the NHL after a few games. And he hasn’t even played that great up there. Some of these players seem completely out of touch with reality.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:51 pm

Post game interviews are about the game. I'm alright with him saying he doesn't want to talk about it after a loss like that. Those questions are for the mornings or practices.

RWB

Post by RWB » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:49 pm

keithLGA wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:51 pm
Post game interviews are about the game. I'm alright with him saying he doesn't want to talk about it after a loss like that. Those questions are for the mornings or practices.
But it happened that day, mid afternoon. I think it’s valid.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:52 pm

He's the one of the last players I'd read into something like that. Pissed about the game, kept it about the game.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:39 pm

I didn't like the whole line of questioning and said so. The questions should not have been Sabre-related in the LEAST. Asking players how they liked it up there, or how they feel about coming back are totally out of line....especially after a poorly played game. Having said that...Smith was edgy for the whole post game while the others were not. But i hate it when they always seem to make it about the Sabres somehow. Smith apparently was sent down mid game yesterday. He didn't look happy and he didn't play happy. Thats the reality.

Taylor was visibly angry....as well he should have been. We needed to see that too. It was an awful game, with low intensity and very sloppy...especially against a very good goalie. Amerk possession in the 3rd period was mostly non-existent. The 3rd Sens goal was a tough one, but the 2nd one was totally on Wilcox and his body language showed it immediately. It also seemed to suck the life out of the Amerks from that point on...which really bothered Taylor last night.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:32 pm

They must have taken the interview down, its not on YouTube. Guessing it wasn't the right message to send in some way.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:36 am

it was in very poor taste and it did send a real bad message...almost to the point where it could have caused some bad blood with O'Regan. If they both end up back here this season ( a very good bet) Sabres can't be messing with players heads like this. But thats their M.O. so it doesn't surprise me.

Saturday was an extremely bad day for the Amerks.