Joe Crozier Article In todays D and C

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
amerks23

Joe Crozier Article In todays D and C

Post by amerks23 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:12 am

I good article in today's fish wrap by Leo Roth.
https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 554235002/
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Re: Joe Crozier Article In todays D and C

Post by keithLGA » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:45 am

That was published last week online, just now in the paper?? That's amusing.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:53 am

I thought so too. Read this whole article a few days ago and thought....why can't they send Leo to the Amerk home games and have him do up a nice story. The fact that the D&C totally ignores the Amerks and Wings in print and online and only lionizes high school sports is such an incredible disservice to our community and the venerable teams that have been here for decades and decades. If you are to have a daily 'paper', then serve the entire community or close up shop.
The news media is now only about money and not about service to the community. They are dying.
Their 'alleged' surveys telling us that 'no one cares to read about these teams' is totally bogus (although they will deny to the max...I got into it with one of their writers and basically said I didn't know what I was talking about) The surveys are so slanted and biased towards those who they feel will tell them what THEY want. They also ignore the RPO.

moeron15

Post by moeron15 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:22 pm

Their lack of in depth coverage (or just coverage at all in most cases) of local pro teams is why I don't subscribe. I get my Amerks news here and my Wings news from Twitter for the most part.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:45 pm

you know whats really sad...because there is no longer any real media coverage for the masses...and the new and younger fans--they won't have a clue who Joe Crozier is..and his role in the Amerks past successes and his importance to the franchise. Writing a story like that for the paper and THEN not covering the team currently is completely wrong-headed.
while it was a great story, it also made me very angry.

adsfan

Post by adsfan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:52 pm

insagt1 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:45 pm
you know whats really sad...because there is no longer any real media coverage for the masses...and the new and younger fans--they won't have a clue who Joe Crozier is..and his role in the Amerks past successes and his importance to the franchise. Writing a story like that for the paper and THEN not covering the team currently is completely wrong-headed.
while it was a great story, it also made me very angry.
I actually think the story was appropriate.

Joe Crozier is suffering from dementia; and so is the newspaper. They have forgotten about the Amerks. By doing that, they are losing subscribers.

My local paper raised their price to $2. I remember when it was a quarter or two and the Sunday paper was $1. I rarely read it except at work during lunch. I think the day is coming soon when the entire MJS will be only online. If you want to read the paper, you will have to pay the fee.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:29 am

There'll be a Victor Olofsson story in the D&C soon. yay Swedish players.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:28 pm

this is so whacked. They have two feature stories this week...yet no current coverage. Who the heck is running this circus. You run a story about an amerk icon of the past...and now one about a future NHLer...but there is no mention anywhere about the fact that the amerks still exist. Of course the Olofsson story is very Sabres slanted, so thats probably it. has almost nothing to do with the Amerks at all really.

The D&C both print and online is a joke.