Sabres/Ducks trade: Guhle for Montour

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
Gluey

Sabres/Ducks trade: Guhle for Montour

Post by Gluey » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:31 pm

insagt1

Re: Sabres/Ducks trade: Guhle for Montour

Post by insagt1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:29 am

the trade sort of makes sense for Sabres. They give up a prospect that hasn't improved to get an NHL d-man who will play for them right away. They now still have too many d-men so another move may be made. Too bad #92 isn't a d-man.
I think they also have some damage control to do (just a hunch on my part based on CJ Smith's post game interview which has disappeared) . Sabres strong suit has never been 'family harmony' in recent years.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:33 pm

There's no damage control that has to be done. You're making something out of nothing. I can assure you of that 300%

Dubblenikle

Post by Dubblenikle » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:06 pm

This should be proof to sabres fans that a first round pick is not as valuable as they make them out to be. Outside of the top 3-5, you're looking at a couple years for a guy to grow. I have been on Harrington's side as far as winning now. stop stockpiling picks and being perpetually 3 years away. The fact they went out and got Skinner and then sat on their hands was confusing to me. Rumor I'm hearing now is Tampa is into Risto. Not sure they will want to pay what will be asked for him. Will be interesting to see what we have as far as an organization D corp after today.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:43 pm

keithLGA wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:33 pm
There's no damage control that has to be done. You're making something out of nothing. I can assure you of that 300%
I responded to what I saw and heard. If you saw and heard the interview you too would have been concerned. It definitely was out of character for CJ. My initial thought and I expressed it here was the line of questioning at that moment was awful and inappropriate.So if thats all it was, I'm good!