Game 76!

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Game 76!

Post by insagt1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:57 am

Today is the end of the line for the regular season but happily not the end of the line for the Amerks. Despite 2 disheartening losses so far this weekend, Amerks will get to play in the Calder Cup playoffs again this year.

While today's game could be labeled 'meaningless' (and it sure has the look of meaningless with half the lineup back in Rochester while the ECHL takes over) it should never be meaningless.
For integrity alone, they kind of owe it to Cleveland to put up a fight against Belleville...who is probably licking their chops over playing an unmotivated team today as they go for a playoff clinch. (overconfident perhaps....doubtful)

Also you try and win every game and do you really want to go into postseason on a 3 game losing streak? A lot of mixed emotions come out of this weekend. A high spirited and well oiled machine would have given us a lot of hope that we can advance past Toronto. Instead another lousy home ice effort followed by a tough loss in the ultimate battle for 1st place leaves lots of questions. I'm sure the team will say all the 'right' things...but a 5 game series against the defending champs can be over in a flash.

Personally, I don't like the way several of our key players have been going lately. And a 5 day layoff is no advantage IMO.
I'm worried, quite frankly. Hopeful, but worried.