Zero For Nine. Amerks Choke Again

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
schlag

Re: Zero For Nine. Amerks Choke Again

Post by schlag » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:10 am

here's the real kick in the nuts yet to come: not much will likely change. the org and especially all of its shills are convinced or trying to convince others that this season was a great success.

Bluey

Post by Bluey » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:14 am

This rewarding thing really pisses me off. WHY do they need to be rewarded for a great season right when the team is playing meaningful games? They never did this before and it turned out well for the players and the team. If they play well here, they WILL get their chance in the NHL. The timing is putrid and ridiculous.

Besides, a "promotion" to that thing that is a complete dumpster fire is not only stupid, but actually hurts the player, as we have seen time and time again. Save your rewards for the next seasons camp and dole out your promotions then.

I knew from the beginning, when PSG bought us, that this s*** would start happening. I've totally hated being owned by that disaster. Best thing that could happen is for them to buy another team, place it in Hamilton, sell us and let us get an organization that knows what the hell they are doing. Of course, this is a pipe dream but I am allowed that, aren't I?
Knowledge is good- Emil Faber

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:52 am

the media convinced everyone (when they actually still cared about the Amerks) that the only way the fans would return and hockey would succeed here is if we got back together with Buffalo (after the Florida debacle) 'Fans' here have this love affair with the NHL and Sabres are nearby making them feel like its their team too.
What has happened is that Buffalo continues to mis-manage us, while it continues to spin its own wheels. If Amerks affiliated with someone else, without some major media assistance, the BCA would be empty on Fridays too. Its sad, but that is what has become of our franchise.

Our playoff failures have become epic. Seems like we have become the poster child for being the first team eliminated...whenever we do make it. The switch is turned off immediately at puck drop of post season. Last year we got killed in post season. this year we played 3 extremely frustrating, poor games, where all of our talent just simply disappeared. On paper I don't think Toronto was better. But on the ice, they were giants.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:47 am

Sometimes you just need your top players to come through vs relying on a deep team.

Swept in the first round but some still say we outplayed them. I can't get my head around that. Even if we had deep analytics to show we dominated every category it still wouldn't change the fact that we didn't win a game.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:42 pm

and that is so true. Trying to convince us that we outplayed them, or that we played so well is completely disingenuous in the playoffs. You don' play for points or for form--you simply play for wins and some teams are clearly better at it than we are. Even when amerks did wake up slightly in the 3rd...notice how Toronto (and their goalie) protected the lead. I never felt we could come back. Our big scorers were invisible. don't know what to think about Redmond...whose game completely changed after his injury. when I say completely....it was completely. We all saw it.

schlag

Post by schlag » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:43 pm

perhaps the outplaying idea is based on some new analytics. stuff like number of passes required on a PP before a shot, number of shots off the glass, minimum time to allow defender to get into block position prior to shot. minimum distance to stay away from puck carrier when on PK. etc etc f###ing etc

these kinds of metrics I would say hell yeah they outplayed them.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:17 pm

how about the metric that says...when one team has the puck and puts it in the net, while the other team doesn't!!! Ha.

schlag

Post by schlag » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Hah I see on Twitter Don Stevens doesn't agree with Keith.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:35 pm

It's like someone said hey Don go disagree with him!!

adsfan

Post by adsfan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:28 am

UncleBenny wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:55 am
I would also like to take this time to thank Keith for keeping this place going season after season. At some times it can feel like an echo chamber, but it's also the only place I know I will see discussion between people who all truly follow the Amerks. We can always hope next year is "our year".
If I could give you a "like", I would. I too appreciate the job that Keith does!

Since the demise of the Admirals Roundtable, it is nice to have another source of hockey news in the AHL.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had a little filler article about the Admirals' Game 3 win, the first one in 13 playoff games.

I am sorry that the Amerks have been eliminated. Especially since it was against Toronto.