Its Blues vs Bruins for All the Marbles

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
oldtimehockey

Re: Its Blues vs Bruins for All the Marbles

Post by oldtimehockey » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:29 am

Blues win game 4 and go to 2-2. Game 5 will then be the decider. Who wins that will win the cup. Too bad game 5 is in Boston.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:52 pm

B's have two shots to win it in front of the home fans (which is always the best) I'm sure they would rather do it in game 5 and not game 7. Because of that motivation, I think they have a real good shot at winning tomorrow. goaltending is starting to be a factor. Rask is on a mission this year.
I'm sure the Blues will have a pushback tomorrow. But I still think Boston may win.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:53 am

Very strange series. Once again, Boston looked lost and St Louis dominated. Now its a best of 3 and I don't think either team has any advantage.
Bruins 'd' is getting banged up.. will now be interesting to see if Boston has the pushback at home Thursday. I don't think Boston had any shot at winning last night.
O'Reilly must be lovin' life away from the Sabres!!

adsfan

Post by adsfan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:31 pm

As an old time Bruins fan, (I remember Orr's flying goal in 1970) I am rooting for them! I believe that they will win in 6 and I am sticking with it.

My only concerns are Chara and that guy that St Louis tried to kill in Game 2 and who hasn't played since. The Blues player was suspended for 1 game.
That is a terrible way to win!

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:45 pm

I have been in Indiana this week. did catch game 5. I think Boston can still come back and win the series...but I don't think they will. Rask is still solid, but St Louis has figured Boston out. AND they are getting some breaks from the lousy officiating that everyone seemed to think 'always'; favors the Bruins. I hate to see games and series decided on obvious blown calls. (1999 I'm sure comes to mind for many...)

Blues are poised and ready to win their first Cup....and if they do I hope its tomorrow. Always more fun to win at home...especially the first one. If Boston wins tomorrow then I hope they also win game 7.

Based on the last two games, St Louis now seems to be favored.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:12 pm

If you're a Blues fan, you have to be happy the way they are playing tonite. They are all over Boston with incredible fore I thought the check, speed, and position. Bruins are never near loose pucks. Only a matter of time before St Louis gets one, unless Boston can figure out how to slow the Blues down. Boston's goal was on a 5-3...they are lucky to be leading.

Blues should come out like gangbusters in the 2nd and Boston had better be ready to answer. I thought the B's were able to skate with those guys but that isn't happening.