Free Agent Day

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
Bluey

Free Agent Day

Post by Bluey » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:01 pm

Sabres sign Andrew Hammond "The Hamburgler" for goal. Wedgewood signs with Tampa. Looks like the Crunch for him.
Knowledge is good- Emil Faber

Dubblenikle

Re: Free Agent Day

Post by Dubblenikle » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Hammond, Lazar, Gilmour, Dea. All sound good for us should they arrive and not be the next Grant or Griffith. Buffalo getting Vesey for zero players helps us. pushes one more down. UFA's are not going to come to Buffalo unless they are desperate and see Buffalo as a place they are most likely to get NHL time. So basically 4A players. Great for us. Syracuse also lost Andreoff and Dumont today and it seems like Verhaeghe is expected to be in Tampa because he has to clear waivers and he likely wont. Is that accurate? Is he now waiver eligible? If so, that really helps too. I hope Wedgwood is what he has been and doesn't turn into the star JB thought he would be.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:09 pm

Its 3 hours into free agency and Nylander isn't gone yet? For shame....I thought for sure he would be part of a Vesey trade. he just can't return here for another year. No way.

Wedgewood is no loss IMO. He wasn't the only reason we got swept again, but he contributed. he was outplayed by a part-timer. For me, he never fully did what he came here for. We need better goaltending to get anywhere in post season.

oldtimehockey

Post by oldtimehockey » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:13 pm

Dubblenikle wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:28 pm
Hammond, Lazar, Gilmour, Dea. All sound good for us should they arrive and not be the next Grant or Griffith. Buffalo getting Vesey for zero players helps us. pushes one more down. UFA's are not going to come to Buffalo unless they are desperate and see Buffalo as a place they are most likely to get NHL time. So basically 4A players. Great for us. Syracuse also lost Andreoff and Dumont today and it seems like Verhaeghe is expected to be in Tampa because he has to clear waivers and he likely wont. Is that accurate? Is he now waiver eligible? If so, that really helps too. I hope Wedgwood is what he has been and doesn't turn into the star JB thought he would be.
I can see Wedgewood stoning us on Saturday nights in Syracuse.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:01 pm

yeah--let's hope that doesn't happen. OK, another hour has passed....and still #92 is a Sabre/Amerk. This is just plain wrong!

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:36 pm

I don’t think anybody wants him. We can just hope and pray he stays in Buffalo if he isn’t moved.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:03 pm

On WGR this afternoon Sal C. flat out said Sabres have to trade Nylander. He isn't going to get any better. I don't think Sabres are that hot on him anymore, but he may not be worth much in a trade....maybe a throw-in??

Bluey

Post by Bluey » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:28 am

I get so amused at how the Sabre press and fans get so hyped up about a 17 goal player, who would be just a spare part on most teams. Shows how the standards have dropped in Buffalo and why they don't make the playoffs.

But.....I do like what they've done so far at our level. Seems as though they can get top free agents to play here, but when it comes to Buffalo....no thanks.
Knowledge is good- Emil Faber

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:57 am

Skinner was staying because he got max term and max money. Anyone else is thinking the coach and GM have a season and a half to turn things around. Is anyone really that interested in the risk? Can't blame them.

Have to give credit to Jersey and Toronto, making moves and going for it. Well, they also have players to move and room to bring players in. Another long season ahead down the thruway.

Dubblenikle

Post by Dubblenikle » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:28 pm

Nylander will probably be a throw in to sweeten the deal and maximize return if they move Risto. Otherwise I think we have to deal with him again.