Newest Signings

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
Bluey

Newest Signings

Post by Bluey » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:23 pm

Eric Cornel, Tyler Randell and Jarrett Burton and Nathan Paetsch.

I figured they might bring back Cornel. Was surprised at Randall and Paetsch. With Burton, we should have all the Wilkes-Barre Pens here soon..... :lol:
Knowledge is good- Emil Faber

oldtimehockey

Re: Newest Signings

Post by oldtimehockey » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:46 pm

Cornel/Randell signings are a complete waste

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Pawtsch and Burton are good signings. But I really hope that they actually give Paetsch some honest ice time this season. Cornel and Randell didn't do much last year. Cornel was durable but didn't score very much. Hopefully he'll improve...OR he may have to earn a spot.

sloheim

Post by sloheim » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Cornel is nothing but roster filler. At least Randell brings some grit.

After last season, I thought that Paetsch was coasting into retirement. I'm shocked he signed on for another season. Not saying I dont like it... I just find it very surprising. If we get light on d-men, I'm not sure he'll have the conditioning to go every night, after only playing 11 games last season.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:50 pm

sloheim wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:27 pm
Cornel is nothing but roster filler. At least Randell brings some grit.

After last season, I thought that Paetsch was coasting into retirement. I'm shocked he signed on for another season. Not saying I dont like it... I just find it very surprising. If we get light on d-men, I'm not sure he'll have the conditioning to go every night, after only playing 11 games last season.
Nate is a great role model for the young players coming up. A great signing in my mind. A 3rd Assistant Coach IMO
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:27 pm

Cornel and Randell.. sigh.. if they felt the need for more of a tough guy it should've been Veilleux along with Dalton Smith, not Randell. As for Cornel, great guy but time to move on. I imagine a Glotov of Petersen still trying to prove themselves could do more.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:46 am

After watching a couple of WBS Pens games it looks like Jarrett Burton is a Garret Ross kind of player. Best comparison I can think of from recent memory.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Now that Jeff Calkins in no longer in charge of the BCA, anyone know who is? And has there been any changes in the way, or the cost of how events are booked? Jeff was great. SMG, not so great.

hockey13

Post by hockey13 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:50 pm

insagt1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm
Now that Jeff Calkins in no longer in charge of the BCA, anyone know who is? And has there been any changes in the way, or the cost of how events are booked? Jeff was great. SMG, not so great.
Robert Neumann. Remember the Pegula Sports & Entertainment run the arena now.

https://www.amerks.com/bio/Robert%20Neumann

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:51 pm

PSE took over management of PSE last summer. A guy named Robert Neumann is essentially in charge for PSE (as linked above). Very little has changed otherwise. Events or lack of was never about cost but more about the venue. What brought upon that question?

Jeff Calkins is now in charge of The Dome in Henrietta which has had a great turnaround because of money invested into it to make it a smaller/mid size type of venue.