Newest Signings

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
UncleBenny

Re: Newest Signings

Post by UncleBenny » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:03 pm

insagt1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm
Now that Jeff Calkins in no longer in charge of the BCA, anyone know who is? And has there been any changes in the way, or the cost of how events are booked? Jeff was great. SMG, not so great.
Ironically enough, we literally just lost a convention down there due to the price PSE was trying to charge:

https://www.wxxinews.org/post/rochester ... gotiations

Convention had been held here for over 30 years apparently, this is the kind of stuff I was afraid of with PSE. It's not just a minor league hockey rink and is used for way more events than people realize. Unless PSE starts bringing in some major concerts or something on top of the sports, I could see their ownership as being a net loss to the community.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:38 pm

Interesting part from that article...
Don Heins, director of communications for Pegula Sports & Entertainment, said in a written statement, "Safely hosting an event of this size requires several operational hard costs including security personnel, emergency medical technicians, traffic police detail and janitorial services. No revenue from these services is retained by Rochester Arena, LLC. The Jehovah’s Witnesses have been offered the lowest possible costs to fulfill these needs and hold a safe and enjoyable event."
I read that as PSE adds way more staff than necessary (see security at Amerks games) along with other related services than is necessary.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:00 am

And yet they can barely staff some of the beer stands during intermissions at sporting events.

oldtimehockey

Post by oldtimehockey » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:59 am

UncleBenny wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:00 am
And yet they can barely staff some of the beer stands during intermissions at sporting events.
Exactly. And none of them can use the credit card machine or understand you when you place an order.

Dubblenikle

Post by Dubblenikle » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:18 am

Randall is a head scratcher. He wasn't very good last year. I would rather have Veilleux back.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:02 am

keithLGA wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:38 pm
Interesting part from that article...
Don Heins, director of communications for Pegula Sports & Entertainment, said in a written statement, "Safely hosting an event of this size requires several operational hard costs including security personnel, emergency medical technicians, traffic police detail and janitorial services. No revenue from these services is retained by Rochester Arena, LLC. The Jehovah’s Witnesses have been offered the lowest possible costs to fulfill these needs and hold a safe and enjoyable event."
I read that as PSE adds way more staff than necessary (see security at Amerks games) along with other related services than is necessary.
Witness conventions don't need janitorial services. The building gets cleaned from stem to stern better than any hired hands ever did it. Police will 100% tell you that security has never been an issue...and for them, its the easiest two weekends of duty they can apply for. 'lowest possible costs' is a complete joke and I hope the community isn't buying it. The ice shows have been great family entertainment for years and apparently Pegula has inflated the overall costs by upwards of 300%. Sesame St and Truck rallies I'm sure have gotten the same shaft.
Pegula needs to see what he is doing to our community events. Of course he doesn't care and will spin it however he wants, because he is the king.

Everything that was said by Heins was a total line of crap. And those in the know, know it well

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:20 pm

hockey13 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:50 pm
insagt1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm
Now that Jeff Calkins in no longer in charge of the BCA, anyone know who is? And has there been any changes in the way, or the cost of how events are booked? Jeff was great. SMG, not so great.
Robert Neumann. Remember the Pegula Sports & Entertainment run the arena now.

https://www.amerks.com/bio/Robert%20Neumann
We would probably be better off with Newman from Seinfeld.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Its really frustrating when you think someone is coming in on a white horse to save the day, and he turns out be the opposite. Went thru this with Jeffrey Loria and the Expos and it was no fun. Especially when lies are spun to make it look like they still ride the white horse.
Its gonna be very hard going forward to have any good feelings about Pegulas. And how many Amerk games has he attended since purchasing them?

hockey13

Post by hockey13 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:58 pm

insagt1 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:45 pm
And how many Amerk games has he attended since purchasing them?
I saw Kim & Terry at two game's last season. Kim was hanging out candy to the kid's for the Suite's in the Seats for Halloween. Both game's I saw them they were sitting in the suites on the River side of the BCA.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:53 pm

i am very impressed.