Nylander traded.

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
UncleBenny

Re: Nylander traded.

Post by UncleBenny » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:32 pm

The majority of opinions I see are people agreeing that he needed to be moved. The biggest sticking point I see is whether "Buffalo messed up his development by not giving him the chance he deserved" or "Nylander never proved he was ready and therefore never got the look he thought he deserved". Most of us obviously fall into the latter opinion.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Year 1 - yes they messed up
Year 2 - injury issues
Year 3 - No excuses. Let down.

Dubblenikle

Post by Dubblenikle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:09 pm

He’s arrogant. He thinks his name means more than it does. William was a great AHL player and now is a top 6 NHLer. He worked. Alex was supposed to be the better of the two (if you believed the pre-draft media reports). Apparently believed it too much himself. But I’m sure he’ll score 30 in the NHL next year because that’s what happens to former Sabre’s. But he was useless here for 3 years.

hager

Post by hager » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:32 pm

I think they messed up even giving him a taste of the NHL AT ALL. totally undeserved the first 2 years. last year i guess a few games was ok but at 18 and 19 shouldnt have happened.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Dubblenikle wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:09 pm
He’s arrogant. He thinks his name means more than it does. William was a great AHL player and now is a top 6 NHLer. He worked. Alex was supposed to be the better of the two (if you believed the pre-draft media reports). Apparently believed it too much himself. But I’m sure he’ll score 30 in the NHL next year because that’s what happens to former Sabre’s. But he was useless here for 3 years.
John Shannon of Sprtsnet who used to be an executive at Hockey Night In Canada said on Hockey Central at Noon one day that "Alex was going to be better than William."Buddy Holly thought so and he drafted him #8 overall. The trouble will the Sabres is that they rushed him and you know the rest. That's because they don't have established hockey people making hockey decisions. Why do you think no quality free agents want to play there! This might be a good trade for both players involved. We'll see. I'm just glad he's gone.
Last edited by amerks23 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:07 pm

amerks23 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:06 pm
Dubblenikle wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:09 pm
John Shannon of Sprtsnet who used to be an executive at Hockey Night In Canada said on Hockey Central at Noon one day that "Alex was going to be better than William."Buddy Holly thought so and he drafted him #8 overall. The trouble with the Sabres is that they rushed him and you know the rest. That's because they don't have established hockey people making hockey decisions. Why do you think no quality free agents want to play there! This might be a good trade for both players involved. We'll see. I'm just glad he's gone.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:19 am

from the standpoint of all of us who go regularly to the games, he may have been one of the most unpopular Amerks of alltime. His performance AND his attitude really stunk. Sabres will never admit they screwed up but you have to think deep down, they couldn't wait to dump this guy. He was classless through and through.
I hate the Sabres even more now because of Pegula, but I do applaud this move because it means we will never have to see him again

Dubblenikle

Post by Dubblenikle » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:45 pm

I just remember being optimistic about seeing him play. I remember he was really small. Very thin. But I saw potential. then he left that year for the WJC and when he came back, never the same again. I think he had a strong WJC and thought that meant he was NHL ready and was butthurt that he didn't get the call so he moped for 2 more seasons.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:16 pm

and that lack of maturity certainly didn't help his cause either.

Bluey

Post by Bluey » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:08 pm

I still haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face over this!!! :-)
Knowledge is good- Emil Faber