2019/2020 Schedule. More of the same.

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
keithLGA
Site Admin

2019/2020 Schedule. More of the same.

Post by keithLGA » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:57 pm

amerks23

Re: 2019/2020 Schedule. More of the same.

Post by amerks23 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:06 pm

keithLGA wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:57 pm
I'm glad there's only 1 Sunday game and only 4 Saturdays because I like watch HNIC on Saturday nights. (I think 4 are Friday/Saturday back to back one against Charlotte) and 12 Wednesdays. That seems like a lot of Wednedsays but I like Wednesdays better than Saturdays and Sundays. The only Hershey home game is on a Wednesday.

On a different note. I still can't believe Nylander is finally gone! :D
Last edited by amerks23 on Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

adsfan

Post by adsfan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:18 pm

The good news for you Amerks fans is that they play 15 different opponents this season!

The bad news is that they are all the teams from your conference. Twelve games with Syracuse, ten each with Bingo and Utica.

Milwaukee plays 11 opponents, with Belleville, Laval and Colorado in the mix along with Cleveland. I will look forward to postings about the teams in Belleville and Cleveland. Milwaukee opens at home with Laval, their only appearance of the season.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:26 am

really not much change from last year involving opponents. Its really odd that we play such a varied number of games with our own division teams.
12 Wednesday games will really hurt attendance. The team simply does not inspire interest mid-week. I think they would have drawn more fans on Sunday matinees IMO. Unless they promote the heck out of Wednesdays, they will be lucky to draw an average of 3,500 at best. I hope they can prove me wrong, but history would say otherwise....plus the fact we have very little imagination in our 'marketing department'.

hockey13

Post by hockey13 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:55 am

insagt1 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:26 am
I think they would have drawn more fans on Sunday matinees IMO.
Like I stated on Twitter, NHL Teams don't want there prospects playing 3 in 3 all the time anymore. That is why not many Sunday games anymore. In fact Amerks only play 3 Sunday games all season, one home & 2 road. The Amerks also on play 3 in 3 twice all season. That is why they have so many Wednesday games.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:31 pm

NHL could care less about attendance in the AHL. We are supposed to feel real bad aren't we that their prospects might have to do what was being done for decades. Even 3 or 4 extra Sundays would have helped the lousy mid week games, which just will not draw fans unless the Amerks were a powerhouse Calder Cup team that was so exciting, fans just couldn't stay away.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:17 pm

I'll gladly take Wednesdays over Sundays.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Very well....then I recommend you rustle up a few dozen of your friends ...and they can tell their friends...and so on and so on and bring them to the empty BCA on Wednesdays :lol:

I don't think very many AHL teams like Wednesday games. When I was first married, my wife and I went to all the Sunday night games. There were a lot of them (I'm sure Lou remembers!) and the crowds were always pretty decent...a lot bigger than any Wednesdays. Times change. But empty BCA on Wednesdays probably won't. But hey, maybe our 'savior' Pegula will figure it out....before he runs a whole bunch of other events out of town. :twisted:

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:08 am

insagt1 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:12 pm
I don't think very many AHL teams like Wednesday games. When I was first married, my wife and I went to all the Sunday night games. There were a lot of them (I'm sure Lou remembers!) and the crowds were always pretty decent...a lot bigger than any Wednesdays. Times change. But empty BCA on Wednesdays probably won't. But hey, maybe our 'savior' Pegula will figure it out....before he runs a whole bunch of other events out of town. :twisted:
Remember - it's not so much about the crowds anymore, it's about the practice schedules and games for development. A lot of Wednesday games are here to stay. They need to make them special events in some way. I don't know if that means giveaways, celebrity appearances, gimmicks, who knows. There has to be a way to brainstorm to make Wednesday nights different.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:59 am

Yup! They need some heavy duty marketing.
BUT at the end of the day, what they need the most is an exciting, winning team that will make it hard for fans to stay away. AND for heavens sake some local media coverage. Out of sight, out of mind. Stop being shills for Buffalo (especially now that we see the true colors of our owner)

I see the D&C editor will have a column this weekend telling us why they don't cover the Wings and Amerks anymore. I doubt we'll read anything new. Deadlines, costs, clicks on computers and blah blah blah. Amerks and Wings are low lying fruit to simply pluck off and forget about.

A 99 point team didn't do it for the fans last year. Playoff failures add to the misery. Fans certainly do remember those. Wednesday games are here to stay but it will be hard to change the culture of how the fans attend these games. As a season tix holder, I really don't care if they do have giveaways...if it means a fuller arena.