Training camp is near

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
keithLGA
Site Admin

Training camp is near

Post by keithLGA » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Sabres made some moves today following the prospects challenge.

Ruotsolainen stood out and hopefully Buffalo works some magic to get Finland to allow him to play in Rochester.

Pekar is scrappy but I don't see the hockey talent there yet. He's still young. We'll see next season after another year in juniors.

Brett Murray got an invite to Amerks camp. I can see him in Cincy, so far nothing to show promise for Rochester though.

Kyle Olson looked the best out of everyone that was an invite. Speed, hands, puck skills. Will be interesting to see if he returns to the WHL for another season or they sign him.

https://www.letsgoamerks.com/2019/09/10 ... ter-moves/

insagt1

Re: Training camp is near

Post by insagt1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:05 pm

guess it is time to start thinking hockey again. Made my final half season payment. have stopped thinking about the Red Wings. I still feel that after it all comes out in the wash, Amerks will go as far as their goaltending will take them. We won't have our defacto #1 for a couple of months, which is too bad. but in the meantime, our Wedgewood replacement will have to do. How about Johansson? Whats the deal on him? what are the Sabres goaltending decisions going to be? Will Ullmark stick around, or will they shop him before puck drop?

Our home ice performance needs to get better. Actually a lot better. Our attendance will probably remain stagnant,given the large number of mid-week games. But a winning, entertaining team could give the weekends a boost. wonder what kind of coach Taylor will be this year? Will he have extra pressure knowing how awful they were in post season?

oldtimehockey

Post by oldtimehockey » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:24 pm

Hammond is the starter here until mid-end of October when UPL is ready. Johansson will be the backup. UPL will then be the #1 unless he really craps the bed. Ullmark isn't going anywhere. The # 1 in Buffalo will be determined by who steps up in games...Ullmark or Hutton.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:47 pm

insagt1 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:05 pm
wonder what kind of coach Taylor will be this year? Will he have extra pressure knowing how awful they were in post season?
I think he'll be more of the same. There'll be pressure on himself for a better post season but I don't think his job is necessarily on the line if the same thing happens again. It won't look the best for his resume and won't sit well with us but his job performance is likely more on how the overall team develops. Which yea is contradictory if they don't develop by winning a playoff round.

It'll be interesting to see if UPL gets some games in at Cincy if Johansson starts the season playing well here.