Season Ticket Pick Up

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
keithLGA
Site Admin

Re: Season Ticket Pick Up

Post by keithLGA » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:50 am

insagt1 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:32 pm
The Amerks are simply a player repository and we all know what he has done regarding pricing out so many events at the BCA. Every year I like and respect him less and less.
I know the team hasn't won a playoff series yet but the focus has been on putting a quality team on the ice. At the end of the day isn't that what we care about the most?

Bluey

Post by Bluey » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:09 am

"At the end of the day isn't that what we care about the most?"

I care about the most is parading that silver chalice around the rink on the last hockey game of the AHL season. That should be your goal EVERY year.
Knowledge is good- Emil Faber

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:11 am

yes,,,for now we need to focus on winning in post season. Putting a quality team on ice has actually mostly happened the last two seasons and both ended in total failure. Enough of that. Our last Cup came from a team that finished under .500. Our guys just don't gear up for post season. Is it coaching? Is it the Sabres messing with the roster late in the year? Is a lack of that killer instinct?
Our goaltending should have been good enough to at least win us a game or two. We had the scorers...and they all disappeared.

So no, I think our focus has to be post season now. I believe to a person, everyone posting here is tired of our post season failures.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:17 am

A little off topic, but boy do ticket sales look rough for Friday night. I get that it's been pretty warm and hockey isn't really on many people's mind right now, but has there been any kind of advertising at all? Could easily be looking at one of the smallest home opener crowds in recent memory.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:26 am

UncleBenny wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:17 am
A little off topic, but boy do ticket sales look rough for Friday night. I get that it's been pretty warm and hockey isn't really on many people's mind right now, but has there been any kind of advertising at all? Could easily be looking at one of the smallest home opener crowds in recent memory.
You can thank the Sabres for that for their great marketing department. You need more than BAD $2 beer and even WORSE live music to get people to a hockey game. How about a team that wins a Playoff Series!
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:33 am

Come down early for the "rockin on the river" pregame party! But yea, sales look rough. As we've said, attendance isn't important which is sad.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:41 pm

Keith...that is another reason I get very critical about the Sabres. All pre-season the 'talk' has been ALL about this player and that player helping the Sabres....period. At least last couple of years they threw us a bone and talked about the importance of putting a winning team here. Now, its only 'we plan on moving players up and down all season'. THAT benefits only the Sabres when it comes to wins and losses. If a player scores a hat trick, does he immediately get yanked up? Will the guys here recognize, like in the past, that playing well here for short spurts only means a trip west on the 90.?

Pegula made it pretty clear over the past months, that Rochester is just a dot on a map. His interest here is mostly zero, on many levels. He has determined that the Amerks are the SAbres practice squad.

While I admit, I have a strong negative bias against the SAbres organization, it sure would be nice if all of this weren't the case and that getting people to attend our games was important. But it isn't....as evidenced by our nearly invisible marketing. I agree with Steve...$2 beer, long lines and insufferably loud music is NOT the answer.

It will be an embarrassment if only 3.500 or so show up Friday. We may complain, but at least we show up and we cheer not boo. But even the most loyal of us have limits. I think thats fair.

Bourgeois

Post by Bourgeois » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:20 pm

schlag wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:47 am
This experience just confirms what I have said before that they need to introduce paperless tickets AND have an online account where you can login to take care of these matters. A login portal page could have all of this on it.

Good thing I suggested this to them back in 2013.
This wish has been granted!