The Wait is Over! It All Starts Again Tonite

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

The Wait is Over! It All Starts Again Tonite

Post by insagt1 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:46 am

It may end up being a very intimate gathering of a couple thousand diehards, but the 2019-20 Amerks finally put the show on the road (at home actually) tonite at the BCA (better known as Pegula's Shaft Alley)

After a pretty successful training camp, many of last years Amerks are returning to try and break the playoff curse that has hung over this franchise like Los Angeles smog. Even 46 wins and 99 points last year couldn't get it done. Maybe this year will be different.

While I'm wary of just about everything the Sabres do, for now, lets think positive and get this season off to a good start. There has been virtually no promoting the team this year. I wonder why? Every year, less and less. Used to look forward to a large noisy opening night crowd. I sure hope the walk-up brings in a couple extra thousand. Players deserve that.

Lets beat the Crunch. Lets beat them as often as we can.

UncleBenny

Re: The Wait is Over! It All Starts Again Tonite

Post by UncleBenny » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:07 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Crunch fans match us in volume. Saw on Twitter that they have a large-ish group coming, and if they sit where they normally do in 226, it looks like they have most of the section full. They are always loud even when it's only 5-10 of them. 70-100 will be a different story.

That said, hope the Amerks shut them up early. The sad thing is, with every playoff disappointment, I feel like I look forward to the start of the season less and less. Yes it will be great to be spending Friday nights in the BCA again watching hockey...but none of it matters if we don't show up in April again. Of course a strong regular season would be nice, and they really need to play better at home this year. Hopefully that begins tonight.

RWB

Post by RWB » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:15 am

It’ll be a good team. I’m excited. I think Dea and Lazar will make a big impact on this team. And if UPL is close to as advertised, then it could be a real dangerous team. I’m waffling back and forth on whether or not they’ll be better or worse. I lean towards worse, but I do believe the goaltending will be better and I like the potential of Fitzgerald and Bryson on defense.

This team just needs to make the playoffs. I’ve been saying on twitter, there’s a very good chance the Amerks could get Ruotsalainen and Cozens for the playoffs. That would be huge. Obviously that’s very far off, but that’s often how teams win Calder Cups, by getting top prospects in the playoffs.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Let's go!

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Also, all beer is $10.25 or higher based on prices I saw as I walked around the arena this morning. Last season I thought some options were under $10.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:14 pm

$9.50 last year if I remember correctly, for Rohrbach's at least. $10+ is crazy for minor league hockey in an arena they still haven't really made any improvements to. But whatever, I stopped eating at the arena, I'll take a pass on the beer as well.

Bourgeois

Post by Bourgeois » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:58 pm

I rarely drink at the games anymore but it is a little misleading because those are all double beers. So $5 for a beer outside the house/at a sporting event is probably pretty average? The issue for me is they don't offer a 12 ounce version. But we still get warned about drinking and driving during the game despite that.

I don't think "minor league" plays into it when we're talking concessions. A coke is a coke whether its at a little league game or a major league game... its not minor league coke (I guess that would be Wegmans Cola? :lol: ).

redd4972

Post by redd4972 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:09 pm

So they increased tickets prices, again....
Increased beer prices, again.....
Discontinued the burrito bar and POUTINE
And added an unnecessary level of security

FFFFUUUUUCCCKKKK this.

Might as well go to a Sabres game instead

On the bright side they have ques for the concessions and TV screen menus you can't read

redd4972

Post by redd4972 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:43 pm

All Thompson does is here is score every night

Bourgeois

Post by Bourgeois » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:45 pm

redd4972 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:43 pm
All Thompson does is here is score every night
INDEED!