The Wait is Over! It All Starts Again Tonite

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
hockey13

Re: The Wait is Over! It All Starts Again Tonite

Post by hockey13 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:57 pm

UncleBenny wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 pm
hockey13 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:53 pm
Probably I have with the concessions is they don't have any healthy choices. So I will not be eating anything.
Not sure if you have tried it already, but Original Grain opened not too long ago at Tower 280. You could easily park near Broad and South Ave and walk over there to get food pre-game, and then walk back to the arena. Food is a little pricey there but it's at least fresh, I'm definitely adding it to my pre-game rotation this season on more reasonable weather nights when the couple block walk isn't bad.

On the topic of arena food, I still miss the wrap stand. It still might not have been completely healthy, but it was better than nothing and I didn't mind eating those on a regular basis before games.
No I haven't & thanks for the heads up. I agree I did have the wraps before.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 am

hockey13 wrote:
Problem I have with the concessions is they don't have any healthy choices. So I will not be eating anything.
They used to have a chicken Caesar wrap at one of the stands by the old stage end of the BCA but I don’t think they do anymore. Does anyone know if they still offer these anywhere? LMK
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:06 am

I walked around all the stands on Friday and didn't see the wraps anywhere. It was a Mexican food stand in the back. Now it's corn dogs, waffle fries, and mozzarella sticks.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:17 am

amerks23 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 am
hockey13 wrote:
Problem I have with the concessions is they don't have any healthy choices. So I will not be eating anything.
They used to have a chicken Caesar wrap at one of the stands by the old stage end of the BCA but I don’t think they do anymore. Does anyone know if they still offer these anywhere? LMK
Nope, those got eliminated a couple seasons ago. I was a big fan of the Caesar wrap.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:17 am

Giving credit where credit is due regarding concessions: Went to the RIT game Saturday and didn't have time to grab food before hand. Tried those new "Distillery chicken fingers" they've been advertising, they're actually really good and way better than the old SMG chicken fingers and fries. I also see they're going to have wings on Wednesdays, not a bad promo although I'm sure people won't be coming out just for that.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:14 pm

Was curious about those fingers! Will have to try them at the next game. Also needed to mention that the stand behind 128 had beef on weck which was missed and it was delicious. Listed as $10 but they were charging $8.75. Five of us immediately went and bought one.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:45 am

Forgot about the beef on weck, saw it on Friday and thought to myself how people on here are going to be happy its back.

Also I'm sure most of us have seen the $5.85 Genny and a plate deal on Wednesdays they're promoting. That's a crazy deal and while it won't pack the arena, it's one of the better promotions they've had recently.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:24 am

what does it include? I haven't eaten anything at an Amerks game in several years.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 am

A Genny light and a garbage plate.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:44 pm

The plates only come with one burger or one dog, not the standard two. Still a good value with the sides. Will be curious if this 5.85 plate is the same or smaller.