Amerks at Springfield

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Amerks at Springfield

Post by insagt1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:43 pm

EVeryone remembers the last time we did this roadtrip thru those 3 cities. Started off with a blow out loss to Springfield and then a heartbraking loss to Providence. Then it looked like a lost weekend until they woke up in the 3rd period against Hartford, erasing their big lead and winning it in regulation.

Amekrs were a great road club last year. Will be interesting to see what they look like this season. We'll soon find out...after a whole week off.

insagt1

Re: Amerks at Springfield

Post by insagt1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:53 pm

Couldn't watch...either the DSL is screwing up or AHL tv is working right but all I got was buffering. Guess Amerks played a decent game. Missed a lot of opportunities but its all about scoreboard. 2-1 win and instead of starting out the season 0-2 like last year, we are 2-0.

thats good.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:08 pm

Boring first 30 or so minutes. Game picked up as it went along. Tage is a dominant player for us. Others aren't showing much (yet). A win is a win and the game got better as it went. All you can ask for I guess in game two of the season.

kmlelvis

Post by kmlelvis » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:56 am

One positive to come from adding the west coast teams and their soft schedule...the Amerks were correctly placed back into the Eastern Conference and have been able to renew old rivalries with the New England cartel. For a few years we did not play any of these teams (yet the league somehow managed to fly us to Texas and Manitoba) so it is nice to have them back on the schedule...even if it means dealing with the California nonsense.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:28 am

Not sure 4 games is renewing a rivalry BUT you're right in that they're finally in the East for good and at least playing some of those teams again.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:20 pm

I'll take a boring win over an exciting loss any day of the week! We are all so tired of losing around here. Funny thing...when listening to Donnie's post game wrap, he almost sounded like we didn't win the game. It was just a bit strange. Like he wasn't expecting a win. Maybe it was just the way I was 'hearing' it...but he didn't seem to have the same enthusiasm he usually has after a win.

I also chuckled at one thing he said: 'and the Amerks have regained the lead, for the first time'. Trying to figure out if thats possible! :lol:

We don't beat Providence. So tonites game will be a challenge. Time to get win #3!!

Bluey

Post by Bluey » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:33 am

"We don't beat Providence."

And that continues. The game was one minute too long.....
Knowledge is good- Emil Faber