Cleveland vs Amerks BCA 10/18

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Cleveland vs Amerks BCA 10/18

Post by insagt1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Amerks return home after a 2-1 road weekend to face division foe Cleveland. Then they travel to Utica for a game Saturday.
Tomorrow will be our 2nd home game of the season. Does anyone in this town know this?
I expect a very poor crowd. And next Wednesday against Hershey, it may be embarrassing when the two old rivals skate out to an empty arena.

Amerks have done Nothing...NOTHING...this year to market or support the club. Disgraceful

hockey13

Re: Cleveland vs Amerks BCA 10/18

Post by hockey13 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:06 am

insagt1 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:46 pm
Amerks have done Nothing...NOTHING...this year to market or support the club. Disgraceful
That is actually a false statement....they don't do much on radio or TV those day's have past. They have done a lot on there Instagram page & Facebook page, Twitter & Snapchat. That is how things are done now Ted. The "younger" generation gets all there news etc....on social media now. They do have a ticket package for tommow night's game.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:54 am

insagt1 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:46 pm
Amerks return home after a 2-1 road weekend to face division foe Cleveland. Then they travel to Utica for a game Saturday.
Tomorrow will be our 2nd home game of the season. Does anyone in this town know this?
I expect a very poor crowd. And next Wednesday against Hershey, it may be embarrassing when the two old rivals skate out to an empty arena.

How would anyone in this town know anything about this team? The Marketing department is nonexistent. All the people in this town are wetting their pants about the Sabres and the Bills and could care less about the Amerks! :roll:
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

Bluey

Post by Bluey » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:33 am

"They have done a lot on there (?) Instagram page & Facebook page, Twitter & Snapchat."

This is just downright stupid. They target a small, young audience with those apps and forget about everyone else? NOT everyone has all those. I have Facebook and Twitter. I haven't seen anything on Twitter and a few things on Facebook.

Marketing is supposed to cover ALL the masses and not just those who know how to use a few apps.

Mark, if you think this is the way things "should" be done, I have to respectively disagree with you. They are missing a LOT.
Knowledge is good- Emil Faber

Bourgeois

Post by Bourgeois » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:22 am

Ironically, the D&C doesn’t cover the Amerks much - based on a lack of clicks from those social media channels mentioned above. The old guy who reads the hard copy doesn’t matter/count to them.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:58 am

Bourgeois wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:22 am
Ironically, the D&C doesn’t cover the Amerks much - based on a lack of clicks from those social media channels mentioned above. The old guy who reads the hard copy doesn’t matter/count to them.
They cover the Amerks, after the fact! Only if one of the Bills doesn't fart that day.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

hockey13

Post by hockey13 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:12 am

Bluey wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:33 am
Mark, if you think this is the way things "should" be done, I have to respectively disagree with you. They are missing a LOT.
I didn't say it should be the only way....but that is the way they are going to do things. It doesn't cost them $$$ to advertise that way. It is obvious they are trying to save $$$ on advertising.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:15 am

It's also possible with targeted online advertising that we aren't seeing those ads. Based on most of our habits we could be excluded because we likely know about it already. It's like how certain people never see ads for some politicians but they are all out there.

I crunched the attendance numbers over the last 14 seasons, I'll try and finish the post today. hmm.. maybe I should look at by Month too.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:43 am

Where do you get numbers from, the box scores? I've always wished there was a relational database somewhere with just raw data you could query, I'm sure you could come up with some interesting stuff ridiculously quickly.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:56 am