Providence at Amerks 10/30 BCA

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Providence at Amerks 10/30 BCA

Post by insagt1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:40 am

One of our more recent nemesis...the P-Bruins, come to town tomorrow night. Amerks coming off a 2 game roadtrip where they won in OT in a wild pond hockey game; then lost a low scoring affair in OT, when special teams let them down (again)

Our last game against the B's resulted in a last minute goal to sink us 3-2. JJ was in the nets and I expect him to be there again. Amerks still need to get their special teams in order. Both the PP and PK are way below average and over the course of a season, they usually make the difference between winners and losers.

I have to think most of us were chuckling Saturday night as Wedgewood was letting in goal after goal. He definitely was not the answer to our goaltending last year and I don't think anyone misses him. Good guy...but that has nothing to do with how he stops the puck. Let's hope Hammond isn't a clone. We may very well end up with JJ and UPL as our goalie tandem going forward.

I believe the $5.85 plates will still be offered. I also believe that there will probably be about 2.000 in the house. One thing that must improve this year is our play at home. We have yet in recent years been able to establish our house as being a tough place to play.

5 of 9 games have gone to OT/SO; two others were regulation 1 goal games. Only 2 have been 'blowouts' so far...our win over Hershey and our miserable showing against Utica..a team that is looking more and more like the Amerks of the mid-60's.

insagt1

Re: Providence at Amerks 10/30 BCA

Post by insagt1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:45 am

an observation: you don't have to be a Sabre fan to not be impressed with the new coach. I couldn't have picked him out in a crowd (and maybe still can't) but he has those guys playing spirited hockey and he is a great interview...a refreshing breath of fresh air from the past usual cliched, clipped, predictable responses. He was real good last night. Took the time to answer every question...you could understand what he was saying, he had a bit of humor interjected with some frank evaluations about the way the guys played...both good and not so good. Have to admit, I know absolutely nothing about the guy...but I'm learning quickly, why he was hired.

I'm very impressed.