Home vs Binghamton... article w/ injury updates and stats..

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
keithLGA
Site Admin

Home vs Binghamton... article w/ injury updates and stats..

Post by keithLGA » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:43 am

Dumped a bunch of stats into this for the short week...

insagt1

Re: Home vs Binghamton... article w/ injury updates and stats..

Post by insagt1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:48 am

Nice work Keith....took a lot of effort to put all that togethers for us! My only 'suggestion' is when you post standings....lose the % column and just rank us by points earned...because % is totally irrelevant in our conference. Most of us here could care less about points %. I want to see how we stack up with actual points. The games in hand can be factored by us individually if we want, but at the end of the day, our division will not be decided by points % because we play the same number of games. (and hopefully this nonsense will be going away soon with the addition of the next team)

Other than that....I applaud your work on all of this!

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:59 am

Check out the other thread I started where I mentioned stats for us. You can view them at any time! I try and keep them updated as the game goes on. Only thing I have to add are shots, goals, and special teams which takes two seconds.

I know what you mean about the points percentage. For now early on thought it was better to sort that way. Once we're past the quarter point it'll be points.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:53 pm

very well!
Tonite's game is important because of our very light schedule. You hate to be working on a loss when you only play once in like 10 days. As we have noted in the past, 'some' time off is good for the nagging injuries; but too much time off (as we have seen too often in the playoffs) is actually detrimental. Practice can never replace actual games (unless of course if you are in the Western Division!)
I'd like us to play a good game against an opponent we should be able to beat. I also hope that perhaps we can get 6,000 in the bulilding tonite.
Sounds like there were some decent crowds midweek in some of the western reaching venues. The reason? Whatever the case, it won't happen here, ever. Historically we have never played a lot of midweek games until very recently. There was a good reason for that.

If we can rack up some victories during this very light month of games, it will be a huge positive going forward. We have identified our major weaknesses and they are fixable, It looks like we have balanced scoring, with no one player standing out that much, so far. Our goalies appear to be able to do the job. Hopefully Hammond is not another hot and cold Wedgewood, (I don't think he is, but he did scare me a bit before last weekend)
UPL is a totally unknown commodity at this level, so we definitely need another goalie who can get the job done in case UPL is not ready for AHL competition.

bmb2jn

Post by bmb2jn » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Awful Power Play sinks this team

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:28 pm

Tonites game was no good at all. Amerks choked it away. Blowing 2-0 leads and 3-2 lead. Getting scored on in the final minute. And then coming up totally empty in the shootout.. Meanwhile special teams once again stunk. They gave up 1 PP goal in 3 chances and scored zero goals in 6 power play chances.
Largest crowd of the season was 'treated' to another home game like so many last year. the loser point tonite was completely unfulfilling. should have been a 'W' all the way. It wasn't because the 'A' game didn't show up. too much time off was a factor.

But as we know, on any given night, any team can beat you. Ask Bruins who got punked the Detroit Red Wings...who came in with 9 points and a miserable 4-12-1 record. Boston was never in this one. You just never know.

Amerks are now off again until next Wednesday and have a lot to time to think about this stinker. I don't know how much more they can 'practice' special teams...but they sure aren't good enough.

Very disappointing game. Very.

Yech.

RWB

Post by RWB » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:40 pm

They suck, bottom line. And they’re going to get worse.

Botterill and Sexton are frauds. Completely done with both.

bmb2jn

Post by bmb2jn » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:25 pm

Sabres lost 4 straight and its feeling very de ja vu of last year.

Clock is ticking on Botterill

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:26 am

Once Tage Thompson leaves Rochester this team is doomed. It'll be baffling if he isn't called up for the Sabres game Thursday.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:06 am

No CJ Smith and no Thompson would leave this team with no goal scorers at all, so to speak. Sabres had better do their homework if they care even a little for what is going on down here.