Home vs Binghamton... article w/ injury updates and stats..

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
amerks23

Re: Home vs Binghamton... article w/ injury updates and stats..

Post by amerks23 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:48 am

insagt1 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:28 pm
Tonites game was no good at all. Amerks choked it away. Blowing 2-0 leads and 3-2 lead. Getting scored on in the final minute. And then coming up totally empty in the shootout.. Meanwhile special teams once again stunk. They gave up 1 PP goal in 3 chances and scored zero goals in 6 power play chances.
Largest crowd of the season was 'treated' to another home game like so many last year. the loser point tonite was completely unfulfilling. should have been a 'W' all the way. It wasn't because the 'A' game didn't show up. too much time off was a factor.

But as we know, on any given night, any team can beat you. Ask Bruins who got punked the Detroit Red Wings...who came in with 9 points and a miserable 4-12-1 record. Boston was never in this one. You just never know.

Amerks are now off again until next Wednesday and have a lot to time to think about this stinker. I don't know how much more they can 'practice' special teams...but they sure aren't good enough.

Very disappointing game. Very.

Yech.
They got beat and outworked by a lousy Bingo team. The PP sticks. Ozzie Nelson gets worse every game. I can't believe he leads this team in plus minus. I can't believe he played as many games as he did in the NHL. But it was with the Sabres. :roll: I think they are trying to move him. The only thing he has going for him is that he's a right handed shooting defenseman. IMO that's all he has going for him.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:49 am

This team is a perfect example of how plus/minus can be incredibly flawed. Getting scored against on the PK doesn't hurt your plus/minus!

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:49 am

insagt1 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:06 am
No CJ Smith and no Thompson would leave this team with no goal scorers at all, so to speak. Sabres had better do their homework if they care even a little for what is going on down here.
Ted, remember this is the Sabres we are taking about. They could care less if the Amerks win or lose.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

Gluey

Post by Gluey » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:09 am

insagt1 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:28 pm
Tonites game was no good at all. Amerks choked it away. Blowing 2-0 leads and 3-2 lead. Getting scored on in the final minute. And then coming up totally empty in the shootout.. Meanwhile special teams once again stunk. They gave up 1 PP goal in 3 chances and scored zero goals in 6 power play chances.
Largest crowd of the season was 'treated' to another home game like so many last year. the loser point tonite was completely unfulfilling. should have been a 'W' all the way. It wasn't because the 'A' game didn't show up. too much time off was a factor.

But as we know, on any given night, any team can beat you. Ask Bruins who got punked the Detroit Red Wings...who came in with 9 points and a miserable 4-12-1 record. Boston was never in this one. You just never know.

Amerks are now off again until next Wednesday and have a lot to time to think about this stinker. I don't know how much more they can 'practice' special teams...but they sure aren't good enough.

Very disappointing game. Very.

Yech.
Totally dumb coaching! Randall looked at the bench for the ok before he fought with #24. Another Amerk was already being penalized so Bingo gets a 5 on 3 and they score! I'm sick of the shootouts ( hell they kept Regier & Ruff employed in Buffalo for 17 years). It's not hockey, you either win or tie. Deafening loud music the entire game, music being played while the lineups were being announced. It's no longer fun to attend games.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:20 pm

Some of us have complained to the Amerks about the loud music for years. Its here to stay. I'm not against music. I AM against overly loud, always playing music throughout the entire night. I know the sound system is terrible, so some in certain sections don't hear it like we do.. Still no excuse. This is what they feel gets people in the seats nowadays. Funny though, the ones they are targeting all have their noses buried in the cell phones,

I think it would be a hard sell to tell the 'new and younger' Amerk fans that it really was more fun watching hockey years ago. But then, the new and younger Amerk fans are getting smaller and smaller in number, it seems. Bring back exciting, winning, playoff hockey and that might change.