Half-season tickets

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
schlag

Half-season tickets

Post by schlag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:53 am

Was talking to an Amerks rep last night and he confirmed the idea of them selecting your half-season package might be a thing. What I was told is the person behind this awesome idea is considering two options: first half or second half of the season. There will be some flexibility about changing tickets around but it sounded like you will have to do it per game.

I told the rep this was not a good idea and represented the ongoing tone-deafness of the org. I was also told the Pegulas are not involved in any of this and have almost no input these days. so that means it's the local people making these calls. I told him that was even more worrying.

oldtimehockey

Re: Half-season tickets

Post by oldtimehockey » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:09 pm

And we wonder why the attendance is in the crapper.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:24 pm

the scenario you presented is completely assinine in every way. If that is how our marketers think, this organization is in worse shape than we thought. The idea isn't to make it easier for THEM...its to accommodate US. Totally ridiculous premise they are putting out there, if that ends up being true.

I suppose Pegula's not being involved is consistent. He hasn't cared one farthing about Rochester since he bought them. See Slap Shot: 'Who own da Chiefs'? Only some rich broads tax writeoff. Life imitating art.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Pegulas might not be involved but that doesn't mean anyone from the Sabres office isn't.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:56 pm

If someone is indeed interested from the Sabres office...you would hope they would quietly tell whoever the mensa is with the half season ticket idea that it is misguided, and downright stupid. There is wisdom in a multitude of counselors...Amerks can't be doing this to their dwindling fanbase.
If this is a method to scare off half season ticketholders and strongarm them into buying a full season...thats even more absurd.

Other subject...Dineen has done a very nice job as interim coach. I know he is quiet but over the past month I have come to enjoy his interviews and how he views the games. I will almost be sorry to see Taylor return. I'm sure though that Dineen will have major input into what goes on with the team.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:10 am

schlag wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:53 am
Was talking to an Amerks rep last night and he confirmed the idea of them selecting your half-season package might be a thing. What I was told is the person behind this awesome idea is considering two options: first half or second half of the season. There will be some flexibility about changing tickets around but it sounded like you will have to do it per game.

I told the rep this was not a good idea and represented the ongoing tone-deafness of the org. I was also told the Pegulas are not involved in any of this and have almost no input these days. so that means it's the local people making these calls. I told him that was even more worrying.
Our ticket rep stopped by a couple games ago to introduce himself. I told him how inconvenient they made the ticket exchange process this year and how crazy it is to expect people to do it 48 hours in advance every time. Sorry, but you work for a team that plays in front of an empty arena many nights, you'd think that you would go out of your way when a season ticket holder is trying to get extra people in the seats. Why not let me exchange my unused tickets for a voucher I can use at any time? There has to be a better system than what they have now. I also can't tell if the electronic system works any better, because I have never been able to access it.

RWB

Post by RWB » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:33 am

I’m convinced they’re the worst run team in pro sports, at any level. You can’t convince me otherwise.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:01 pm

The worst part of this is we used to be one of the best run organizations....a model for the rest of the AHL. We were all very proud of the Crest. Now, we sort of just skulk around, hoping nothing bad will happen.

hockey13

Post by hockey13 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:51 pm

insagt1 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:01 pm
The worst part of this is we used to be one of the best run organizations....a model for the rest of the AHL. We were all very proud of the Crest. Now, we sort of just skulk around, hoping nothing bad will happen.
Say what you want about Steve Donner....but he was a marketing genius & he know what Rochester wanted. That is what happens when you have local ownership & a Rochester Native. Now the Amerks are just a write off. I stated this from the get go when the Sabres bought the Amerks & a lot of people that I was wrong....

hockey13

Post by hockey13 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:51 pm

insagt1 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:01 pm
Say what you want about Steve Donner....but he was a marketing genius & he know what Rochester wanted. That is what happens when you have local ownership & a Rochester Native. Now the Amerks are just a write off. I stated this from the get go when the Sabres bought the Amerks & a lot of people that I was wrong....