Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Rochester Americans

Disappointment at the BCA

Re: Disappointment at the BCA

Postby Bourgeois » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:52 am

We're not that great of team and in contention. We play hard...and Rolston sounds like a hockey guy (been a long time for that).

Shootouts are an embarrassingly stupid way to decide a hockey game. I won't even comment anymore on them.
Bourgeois

Postby keithLGA » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:31 am

Charlie, everyone is a fan, you know that. I can't stand when people say a message board is bitchy/insane/whatever. Virtually every message board is. It's also the expected reaction of die hard fans when a team is great some nights and frustrating another. Moods of fans change from one minute to the other.

Players are picked for the shootout based on what happens in practice and that's why we've seen guys like Parker and Szydlowski picked. If other guys were standouts they'd definitely be asked to shoot.
keithLGA
Site Admin

Postby hockey13 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:56 pm

insagt1 wrote:And the NHL using only 3 shooters to decide a game after both teams battle for 65 minutes defies logic IMO.

I have a feeling that has to do with T.V. , they do not want regular season games going on over three hours.
hockey13

Postby UncleBenny » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:58 pm

hockey13 wrote:
insagt1 wrote:And the NHL using only 3 shooters to decide a game after both teams battle for 65 minutes defies logic IMO.

I have a feeling that has to do with T.V. , they do not want regular season games going on over three hours.

4 more shooters is going to push it that long? What is it, 2 more minutes tops? I'd be surprised if that was the reason they only do 3 in the NHL.
UncleBenny

Previous

Return to Rochester Americans