Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Rochester Americans

Grand Rapids vs Amerks 4/10 BCA

Re: Grand Rapids vs Amerks 4/10 BCA

Postby Bourgeois » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Bourgeois

Postby Dubblenikle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:40 pm

We have our first mathdebator. Did you see the game? If they played decent the math would make sense. Mathematically we should have won tonight. Syracuse will crush them Friday if they play like that.
Dubblenikle

Postby UncleBenny » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Disengage wrote:We're still in it, it's a 5 way tie for 7th and 8th. We win both and Lake Erie will be out, Houston is on a cold streak playing OKC Friday, Houston and San Antonio play each other Saturday, and Charlotte and San Antonio play each other Sunday. Amerks just need to go out and win both and the chips should fall their way.

I'm less concerned about help from other teams at this point and more concerned that we're just out of gas. Leggio is running out of steam, Finley is looking worse and worse, Foligno hasn't come back and been the hero we needed. They've done it the hard way all year so let's see if they can pull off another miracle this weekend.
UncleBenny

Postby Gluey » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Not only did they not play consistent but the GD noise level ALL GAME leaves me not only pissed off but with a headache.

What the heck. Most of you got what you wanted, Sabres/Amerks.

All that BS @ the press conference; both GD teams out of the playoffs.

BTW: Stanley Cup winning coaches out of work. Keenan, Hartley, Crawford.
Gluey

Postby Dubblenikle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:46 pm

It's not Darcy and lindy, it's the 85 guys tht have played there the last 5 years. They are all the problem, and not them. Pegula is coming across as a dumb a$* star struck fan. Darcy and lindy fart rainbows and $hi* skittles for him.
Dubblenikle

Postby Disengage » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:48 pm

UncleBenny wrote:
Disengage wrote:We're still in it, it's a 5 way tie for 7th and 8th. We win both and Lake Erie will be out, Houston is on a cold streak playing OKC Friday, Houston and San Antonio play each other Saturday, and Charlotte and San Antonio play each other Sunday. Amerks just need to go out and win both and the chips should fall their way.

I'm less concerned about help from other teams at this point and more concerned that we're just out of gas. Leggio is running out of steam, Finley is looking worse and worse, Foligno hasn't come back and been the hero we needed. They've done it the hard way all year so let's see if they can pull off another miracle this weekend.

We can do it if we win both. Eric's thing is wrong, we have 82 points and will max at 86 points (provided two wins). Beating Lake Erie will eliminate them. Milwaukee and Charlotte play each other and worse case scenario is Charlotte wins in OT which would keep them at 87 max and would bump down Milwaukee to 87 max. Peoria also plays Charlotte and that will either drop Peoria to 85 max (eliminated) or Charlotte could end up at 86 max if they lose in OT, a Charlotte loss would put them at 85 (eliminated). As long as games don't go to OT, we should get in provided we win both.
Disengage

Postby Bourgeois » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Updated that...something is buggy and I think its ME trying to sort before I save.

Lots of combinations, but...can we beat Syracuse AND Cleveland!?!
Bourgeois

Postby Bourgeois » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Building on Disengage's work...tell me where I'm off below:

Assuming we win our two games, Cleveland is done and we end up with 86.

We then need 2 out of these 5 teams vying for a playoff spot to NOT get more than the max points below:

San Antonio = 2/6
Milwaukee = 3/6
Houston = 3/6 (maybe 4 with 3rd tie breaker?)
Charlotte = 4/6
Peoria = 3/6

Charlotte plays Peoria and Milwaukee.

If Charlotte wins all 3 of their road games, then Peoria is out and Charlotte is in. We'd need Milwaukee and/or Houston to get only 3/6, and that would be reasonable because Milwaukee would have lost to Charlotte (although even a loser point would help their cause.

If Peoria wins out they would be in, and we'd need 2 of these 3: Charlotte/Milwaukee/Houston to all only get 3/6.

If Milwaukee wins out they are in, and we'd need 2 of these 3: Charlotte to get only 4/6, Peoria/Houston to only get 3/6.
Last edited by Bourgeois on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bourgeois

Postby lem1996 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:04 pm

too confusing i will wait till Sunday night to see if were in. you need a weegee board to figure this out. lol
lem1996

PreviousNext

Return to Rochester Americans